I would LOVE to see an Outlaw STREAMING device

Posted by: old_school_2

I would LOVE to see an Outlaw STREAMING device - 04/25/12 11:59 AM

OK, since it's not built into the new processor, this is one thing that I think would be really nice - an Outlaw streamer...akin to the Squeezebox, Audiotron, Roku, etc as well as the more current variations on a theme.

As far as connectivity goes, definitely wifi, but also wired is (always) nice. Codecs? Hmmm... wav support of course, but also the most popular codecs (mp3 et al), but also FLAC. Since FLAC is open-source and getting more and more support every day, this would seem like a no brainer.

Also, it would be GREAT to have such a device generate a nice GUI via the HDMI / compoenent video connections.

I'm not saying the streamer should house the music (other than buffering), but it should have enough memory to manage a music library (that is, to maintain the tag information, album art etc). An alternative to this would be to have a piece of code simply interface the Outlaw music library manager on a shared drive on a local network.

Alsdo, support for live streaming would be great, especially for high bitrates.

I think something like this could have, as they say in Hollywood, "legs" in the marketplace.

Mark
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: I would LOVE to see an Outlaw STREAMING device - 04/25/12 06:30 PM

I would rather them focus on the equipment they have already promised us..