$29 rack recommendation for 770 and other gear

Posted by: )-shArk)

$29 rack recommendation for 770 and other gear - 07/23/05 04:03 AM

I have to share this with everyone-
When I first got my 770, I was like "Damn, it's too heavy for my audio cabinet shelf". My audio cabinet is two glass shelves and the top holds up my 56" DLP TV. Shelves are good enough for a pre-pro, Theater PC and tivo box, but no way it's going to fit that 770!
I searched everywhere, high and low, for a good 'side shelf' that would hold the 770, my Monster Power conditioner, and blend in with my other audio / tv cabinet. Frankly, the only ones I could find were really expensive and I was about to pull the trigger on a $300 two-shelf stand when I happened to be browsing Ikea catalog.
The dimensions were perfect, the thick MDF would support the 770's weight on the bottom shelf and provide good isolation, especially if I replaced the cabinet wheels with some floor spikes.
Online, they have it in white and birch- In the store they have it in black as well.
Best part---- it's $29!!!!

Off to Ikea I rushed, brought it home, and voila! perfect fit!! it looks like it was made for the 770, I got the black one so the 770 just blends right in and you don't know it's there. monster power sits on second shelf, again a perfect fit. Very sturdy too- no worries!
The amp sticks out the back of the unit a couple of inches, but the amp feet are fully supported. The side-to-side inside fit is within 1/2", perfect!

So, fellow Outlaws- check it out! Maybe this will help someone from experiencing the same frustration as I-
Oh, and this setup passed the "WAF" test- She likes it and I'm not in the dog house anymore for setting a big amplifier on the living room floor. It does look really nice next to the expensive furniture and audio stand, you would never guess it was Ikea..

Here is the Ikea link: http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=11460&langId=-1&parentCats=10103*10144

The model is called CORRAS bedside table, plan on NOT using the plastic wheels!
Posted by: silversport

Re: $29 rack recommendation for 770 and other gear - 08/18/05 02:27 PM

I picked up a black one at the Schaumburg IKEA store...thanks for the tip! smile
Bill
Posted by: Outlaw_Tim

Re: $29 rack recommendation for 770 and other gear - 09/06/05 02:19 PM

I checked these out last weekend or so, they seem like a great deal for the size.

I decided to hit up Fry's for this:

http://www.heavenlyhometheater.com/Logos/Products/StudioTech/Componentracks/A4_large.jpg

Not bad for $129 and it fit my needs perfectly at this time.
Posted by: 97db

Re: $29 rack recommendation for 770 and other gear - 02/28/08 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by )-shArk):
I have to share this with everyone-
When I first got my 770, I was like "Damn, it's too heavy for my audio cabinet shelf". My audio cabinet is two glass shelves and the top holds up my 56" DLP TV. Shelves are good enough for a pre-pro, Theater PC and tivo box, but no way it's going to fit that 770!
I searched everywhere, high and low, for a good 'side shelf' that would hold the 770, my Monster Power conditioner, and blend in with my other audio / tv cabinet. Frankly, the only ones I could find were really expensive and I was about to pull the trigger on a $300 two-shelf stand when I happened to be browsing Ikea catalog.
The dimensions were perfect, the thick MDF would support the 770's weight on the bottom shelf and provide good isolation, especially if I replaced the cabinet wheels with some floor spikes.
Online, they have it in white and birch- In the store they have it in black as well.
Best part---- it's $29!!!!

Off to Ikea I rushed, brought it home, and voila! perfect fit!! it looks like it was made for the 770, I got the black one so the 770 just blends right in and you don't know it's there. monster power sits on second shelf, again a perfect fit. Very sturdy too- no worries!
The amp sticks out the back of the unit a couple of inches, but the amp feet are fully supported. The side-to-side inside fit is within 1/2", perfect!

So, fellow Outlaws- check it out! Maybe this will help someone from experiencing the same frustration as I-
Oh, and this setup passed the "WAF" test- She likes it and I'm not in the dog house anymore for setting a big amplifier on the living room floor. It does look really nice next to the expensive furniture and audio stand, you would never guess it was Ikea..

Here is the Ikea link: http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=11460&langId=-1&parentCats=10103*10144

The model is called CORRAS bedside table, plan on NOT using the plastic wheels!
thanks for the tip!!!