Free Frieght?

Posted by: William5

Free Frieght? - 07/22/05 05:09 PM

I have been interested in getting an LFM-1. Whenever I check the site, there is a banner that says "Summer Escape Free Frieght". But when I put the item in my cart it tries to charge me over $70 shipping.

I tried calling Outlaw to inquire, but they don't seem to interested in answering the phone, I have not been ableto get anyone to pick up for three days, so I will ask here, is shipping free, or not?
Posted by: Scott

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/22/05 05:26 PM

Hello William5,

What number are you calling, we've been here and the phones appear to be working properly?

Have you left a message?

To answer your question, the "summer escape free freight" banner links to our B-stock, free shipping promotion. Presently, we do not offer the LFM-1 in a b-stock version.

Scott

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/22/05 05:44 PM

No, I don't leave messages, as I never know where I will be when people call.

Too bad on the free shipping, the LFM-1 is $20 cheaper than the HSU STF-3 before shipping, after shipping, it's more.

I really don't like the plexiglass top, as I can just imagine what it will look like after 2 or 3 years, plexi scratches so easily. But if it was less than the STF-3 I would have given it a shot.
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/22/05 06:00 PM

why wouldnt you get what you thought was the better sub? those two subs are priced pretty equally. what is a few bucks for happiness?

also, who sets stuff on their sub? i mean, come on now. i could understand if it was a chick you were trying to impress :-), but the lfm1 doesnt go that low anyway...

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/22/05 06:54 PM

The better sub? From all I have read, the two subs sound almost identical. The HSU is $650 with shipping, so is the Outlaw. I thought shipping was free, which would make the Outlaw $70 cheaper. I don't know about you, but I like to save where I can.

And you don't have to set things on plexi to scratch it, just dusting it off will slowly dull the finish with small circular scratches. I also think it would look better with out the shiney top, but that is a personal prefference.

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/22/05 09:04 PM

hsuresearch.com lists the sub for $699, then $50 for shipping. which is $749.

Outlaw lists at $579, plus what you say is $70 for shipping is $649 (who knows if this is correct since your other price is from where?).

you MUST be getting that price from somewhere other than their website??? must be...

i wasnt postulating that the lfm1 was better, i was just asking why you wouldnt get what you THOUGHT was the best sub seeing as you said they were the same price...

using your logic against plexiglass, any shiny finish is bad. i guess the vtf3 is available matted, but personally i enjoy the look of black laquer with a mirror finish. black matte is for old hot rods and nothing else.

i dont know that there is anything left to discuss on this topic. good luck either way you go.

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/22/05 09:08 PM

lfm1 is a satin finish, whatever that means, i was saying black laquer referring to my own not the lfm1.
Posted by: painttoad

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/22/05 09:42 PM

satin finish is FLAT with an occasional semi flat gloss,depending on angle!

black laquer is a finish that will "chill" into your room.if it's a true laquer,you can sand and buff it till it's the highest/deepest gloss you could ever imagine!!!

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/23/05 07:07 AM

Quote:
you MUST be getting that price from somewhere other than their website??? must be...
Your quoting the VTF-3's price, I clearly said I was comparing it to the STF-3:

http://www.hsustore.com/stf3.html

$599 + $50 shipping is $649. They are both the same price.

As far as which one I think is best, I can't audition either one unless I order it, both companies have good return policies, but they don't refund shipping, so with HSU I could lose $50, with Outlaw, I could lose $70. It's a tough choice, one that would be easier if I could audition them first.
Posted by: sluggo

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/23/05 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by William5:
[QUOTE] As far as which one I think is best, I can't audition either one unless I order it, both companies have good return policies, but they don't refund shipping, so with HSU I could lose $50, with Outlaw, I could lose $70. It's a tough choice, one that would be easier if I could audition them first.
Safe to say that you won't audition them under the circumstances. Personally, considering the price and the specs, $70 is an acceptable risk, and you're talking to someone who spent 4 hours demoing for his last subwoofer.

The fact is, this method of auditioning is the basis for Outlaw's business model. If the money-back guarantee isn't accceptable risk to you, what more can be done? Apparently, you need to try finding something comparable in store.

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/24/05 02:49 PM

Quote:
Safe to say that you won't audition them under the circumstances.
What gives you that idea? I have already auditioned two subs from other sites, and have already lost over $150 on shipping (original and return). I really have no choice, as there is only one audio dealer here, and the only subs he carries are Paradigm at FULL retail. I don't think they sound good enough to justify their price.

Ordered an Energy s12.3 sub this morning, all reviews I have read are favorable, and according to Tom Nousaine's sub test, it goes lower, and has more output than either of the other subs mentioned in this thread.

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/28/05 10:52 AM

my bad on the model.

and you can always move to an area more hip to your audio needs.
Posted by: Ritz

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/28/05 01:59 PM

Call me crazy, but anyone who's going to agonize over a difference in $20 on virtually identical products might want to consider spending their money on food rather than audio equipment. This thread is just plain silly....it's like a guy walking in to buy a new Porsche and then bitching about the cost of the floor mats.
Posted by: NewBuyer

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/29/05 05:23 PM

Ritz, several little differences can easily add up to a lot of difference when you are purchasing several things over time. Makes sense to save where you can.

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/29/05 08:08 PM

The guy says he already blew $150 on shipping for products he didn't even purchase and then spent MORE than either the Hsu or the Outlaw product he was comparing on an Energy sub. Seems like "saving money" wasn't his agenda here...

So he probably spent north of $700 on his new sub with tax and then pissed away another $150 on his other dalliances. So pardon me if I have difficulty taking his "economising" seriously.

Cheers,

Re: Free Frieght? - 07/31/05 05:05 PM

yeah i was trying to point out that he was silly too.

Re: Free Frieght? - 08/05/05 01:08 PM

Quote:
So he probably spent north of $700 on his new sub with tax and then pissed away another $150 on his other dalliances. So pardon me if I have difficulty taking his "economising" seriously.
The Energy s12.3 sub was $510 delivered, with full warranty. That's less than either the HSU or LFM-1. I am very, very pleased with it by the way.

As far as the $150 I wasted on "dalliances", maybe you didn't see where I explained that is the only way I can audition ANY subs, other than Paradigm. Or maybe you just have reading comprehension problems.

You guys sure get riled up about someone asking about free shipping. And if Outlaw had added a link, or explained in ANY way what the free shipping was for, this post would have never happened.

Re: Free Frieght? - 08/05/05 03:04 PM

i think you got such a negative response because you sounded like a moron.

Re: Free Frieght? - 08/05/05 04:53 PM

You guys mis-read all my posts, and I sound like a moron?

Such a friendly site. I will cross Outlaw off my list for any future purchases.

Re: Free Frieght? - 08/05/05 09:21 PM

Really. I don't think anyone seemed "riled up" at all. I just thought your rationale was a bit silly and misguided. After all that effort, you ended up paying exactly the same amount you would have spent on the Outlaw. So I found it funny that you were bitching about the price.

But hey, as long as you're happy...

I guess I can never buy another Porsche since I encountered a "jerk" driving one once. Thanks for adding that one last amusing ditty to your story. Don't let the door hit you in the hiney on the way out...

sheesh....
Posted by: sluggo

Re: Free Frieght? - 08/05/05 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by William5:
Such a friendly site. I will cross Outlaw off my list for any future purchases.
We'd better watch out, or Outlaw will shut this place down for costing them sales. In the words of another disgruntled non-customer, "bad forum, Outlaw!" Let's slap our wrists in unison.

Re: Free Frieght? - 08/06/05 12:33 AM

Quote:
After all that effort, you ended up paying exactly the same amount you would have spent on the Outlaw. So I found it funny that you were bitching about the price.
I had already spent the $150 auditioning two other subs, before I had heard about the LFM-1. I'll explain it again, it was the only way to audition ANY subs here. You keep claiming this is about $20, but the costs were adding up.

And please show me where I bitched about the price? I said I don't like the plexiglass, but if it was cheaper than the HSU, I would try it out. Because it was the same price, and I stood to lose more on shipping, if I didn't like it, I was just going to go with the HSU.

You really do have reading comprehension problems.