Replacement LFM-1 power cable

Posted by: goalie81

Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 04/27/05 03:40 PM

Has anyone replaced their power cable for the LFM-1? I'm asking because although the included cable is functionally fine, I could use another two or three feet. I was wondering what to look for specifically when shopping for replacements, and if anyone has a good on-line source for such parts.

Thanks!
Posted by: sluggo

Re: Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 04/27/05 04:35 PM

Unless you're looking to upgrade the quality of cable, Rat Shack or Parts Express.com should have something that meets needs. Be sure to check that the rated power of the cord (printed on the jacket of the cable) matches the LFM's. I think the manual for the LFM mentions this, as well.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 04/27/05 05:18 PM

All I saw in the LFM-1 manual was the statement "Should the power cord need replacement, make certain that it is replaced with a cord having the identical power rating." As sluggo points out, Radio Shack or Parts Express should have what you need.
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 04/27/05 09:00 PM

you can always spend as much as you did on your amp and get a nordost power cord!

Re: Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 04/27/05 09:01 PM

91% the speed of light is tempting, no?
Posted by: DMF

Re: Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 05/08/05 07:36 PM

No.

Re: Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 05/09/05 11:29 AM

yeah, not for me either.
Posted by: morphsci

Re: Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 05/09/05 03:31 PM

I'm actually waiting for wormhole power cables so my units will turn on before I even press the power button wink
Posted by: wingnut4772

Re: Replacement LFM-1 power cable - 07/03/05 09:08 PM

What is the LFM -1 cable rated ? I just moved and got all my cables mixed up. Now I am not sure which belongs to the sub. confused