My 7100 died.

Posted by: Frank Z

My 7100 died. - 08/29/16 09:06 PM

After many years for faithful service my 7100 has given up the ghost.

I've checked the power switch, it's good.
I've tried powering it up with and with out the trigger, no luv.
I've pulled the rear fuse and the fuse on the control board and confirmed continuity.

Looks like like it's a failed component on the control board itself.

HELP!!
Does anyone from Outlaw monitor this forum? I'd like to purchase a new board for it...cuz I still love this amp!
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: My 7100 died. - 08/29/16 09:25 PM

Call Outlaw

Re: My 7100 died. - 08/30/16 08:46 PM

Got a response today, not what I was expecting.

They won't sell me the board. Instead I was told I could send it in, estimated cost is $100 to $700.

Of course I got the obligatory sales pitch as well. I understand that they may think it's a good idea, but I simply can't afford one at this time. My wife just underwent major surgery so.....

So until I get a second response with a better estimate to replace the board.....I'm without my H/T.
No movies or music for the foreseeable future.

Damn.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: My 7100 died. - 08/31/16 10:00 AM

Find a local electronics repair shop to at least look at it. It may be something they can easily repair. Maybe ask Outlaw for the tech manuals.
Posted by: AvFan

Re: My 7100 died. - 08/31/16 11:27 AM

I believe the 7100 was built by Amplifier Technologies Inc (ATI) in Montebello outside Los Angeles so you might give them a call to see if they will take a look at it. I suspect they will bounce it back to Outlaw but you never know.
Posted by: Outlaw Ben

Re: My 7100 died. - 08/31/16 02:41 PM

For safety and reliability, we do not sell parts/boards; trouble shooting is done down to the component level. You must go through Outlaw for return authorizations.

Re: My 7100 died. - 08/31/16 09:42 PM

Sigh.....

Maybe next year.