Problem with Volume Control ...

Posted by: jackrob

Problem with Volume Control ... - 05/06/03 03:10 PM

Anyone have this problem with the volume control when turned in either direction will increase the volume! The remote volume control still works OK.
Posted by: charlie

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 05/06/03 03:37 PM

This is one of several 1050 'bugs' that add personality to the device. Welcome aboard. Fortunately the mute switch DOES work.
Posted by: TurnerF

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 05/06/03 04:31 PM

I haven't seen that, but I'm going to tag onto this thread.

Does anyone have a problem with their remote where occasionally only one command goes through. For example if I'm pushing the volume button multiple times it will ignore the 2nd push on until I stop - wait for the red led on the remote to flash 3 times then I can send another command. This doesn't seem to happen all the time but 50% of the time.
Posted by: Jason J

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 05/06/03 04:50 PM

Try replacing the batteries in the remote. My remote was doing something similiar and with new batteries the problem went away.

I also have never experienced any issue with my volume control. Then again, I do usually use the remote. (Lazy, I guess. )
Posted by: 73Bruin

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 05/06/03 05:04 PM

Yes, I have. I don't know about yours, but mine doesn't want to change volume via the dial any too quickly, up a little, down a little.

Obviously, this was another part of the 1050 subject to a thoughtful design process and substantial testing. When I compare the Outlaw 1050 with my previous Yamaha receiver or my original separates, it reminds me more and more of an English sportscar, whose excentricities need to be accepted with a certain amount of besotted amusement.
Posted by: charlie

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 05/06/03 05:13 PM

Couldn't have put it any better.
Posted by: klick

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 08/01/03 04:36 PM

I had the same problem and mailed the receiver back to be fixed. Came back just fine!
klick
Posted by: tomsch

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 08/04/03 12:58 PM

I've had this problem for about 9 months on my 1050. Shipping it back is quite a hassle so I've lived with just using the remote. If the remote dies then I'm in big trouble!!
Posted by: pictureguy

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 08/17/03 09:51 AM

I sent mine back for repair and it's fine now. Just a bit peeved that I had to spend $50 for shipping to repair a known defect. Be nice if the outlaws would split the shipping.
Posted by: tradophile

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 10/09/03 11:07 AM

I too spent the $50 dollars to have it fixed. The returned unit worked fine for a while, then showed the same behavior. I am a little ticked. What is the problem. Are the pots of such poor quality, or is there some software problem? Might this be fixed by somehow rebooting the unit?

Ken
Posted by: Fred N

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 06/19/17 01:14 PM

I am having the same issue with the volume control. I wonder if there is a software/firmware update that can be done without sending it back to Outlaw. In the meantime, at least the remote control volume works.
Posted by: Helson

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 06/19/17 01:36 PM

Give Outlaw Tech support a call.

http://outlawaudio.com/support/index.html
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 06/19/17 03:10 PM

The volume knob on the 1050 has always had a personality of its own. I had the same problem with mine (and probably still do) but have always just been content to use the remote. Who wants to get up and go all the way over there to turn it down? wink

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 06/20/17 10:43 AM

I guess I am a bit anal but I feel the volume control on the unit should work too. It's so temperamental. grin

Re: Problem with Volume Control ... - 06/20/17 10:50 AM

Ben @tech support is sending me instructions on how to take the front panel off and clean/lubricate the volume control. I will update you all with the results when I complete the repair.