New 1050 Owner

Posted by: wildphase

New 1050 Owner - 07/30/02 02:08 PM

I have a new 1050 due in tommarow. I'm relatively new to HT and I've been researching speakers for my system. I have read ALL the posts regarding speakers in this and several other forums. I have seen some very good deals on the net for Acoustic Research AR11 and AR9. This is a discontinued model and close out prices are being offered. I was just wondering if anyone has had experiance with AR and their 1050.
Posted by: gonk

Re: New 1050 Owner - 07/30/02 03:54 PM

As you may have already discovered, one of the gunslingers here (cburbs) has an AR setup that uses AR11's, and he seems very pleased with them. It's not a lot of info, I'm afraid, but it's something.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review
Posted by: cburbs

Re: New 1050 Owner - 08/07/02 06:49 PM

Yes, I own the AR HI Res series and have no complaints. I don't run the Outlaw 1050 with them though. I am sure they would sound great. I have the AR11's upfront with the AR4center channel, AR17's as rear and ars112ps as subwoofer. I love everything though the sub could be better but if you are interested in them go to www.accessories4less.com and see if they have anything left. That is where I bought all of my stuff from.
Posted by: wildphase

Re: New 1050 Owner - 08/09/02 01:01 AM

Thanks Cburbs and Gonk. I did buy the AR11's and AR17's from Accessoriesforless.com and I've allready set them up. Other then the fact that one of them must have taken a hit during shipping and disconnected the tweeter terminal I think it was a wise buy. Nice build quality and very nice sound even though they aren't broken in yet. As for the 1050 ....wow this replaced a Sony reciever that I bought in 92. Things have sure changed in the last 10 yrs, The 1050 is unbelivable. I still need to get a couple of centers and a Sub; which brings me to another question I'll probably order AR centers for a full matched set but I have read good things about the Sony SA-WM40
http://www.cheaphometheater.com/subs.htm
Any input on this sub?