Could we get an update?

Posted by: EssenceLumin

Could we get an update? - 09/06/06 12:01 PM

Could we please get an update? If you are thinking of waiting until the day they ship, I hope you don't because I need to make sure I have enough in my bank account. If there is a further delay, oh well, but please let us know.

Thank you.

Quote - We’ll be back to you once or twice before Labor Day with more red-hot news. Until then, enjoy your summer.
Posted by: garthr

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/06/06 04:24 PM

I spoke to Outlaw just before Labor day about the RR2150 , and they told me the original 90 day estimate stands as on schedule. That makes it the 21st of September .... but I believe it could be the last week of the month.
Posted by: Grinneth42

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/17/06 09:51 PM

If it does work out that people start receiving the 2150 around the 21st, please let us (me) know! I just ordered mine last night, so I figure I won't be in the first group to get one, but at least I'll have more to hope for... I can't tell you how excited I am about this product...!
Posted by: SeanDexter

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/21/06 09:50 PM

Hey it has been over 90 days since the June 21 post with no update on the production/shipping problems. I've had a unit on backorder for 45 days and have sent several requests for an update, all of which have gone unanswered. Any news?

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/22/06 06:44 AM

One thing I like about Outlaw is their ease of access on the telephone. If you call their toll free number, you can probably get Scott, or he'll call you back within minutes if he's busy.

I know this is an online forum and all ..... but often I find phone calls are the most simple and direct way to get answers. Waiting for answers online is sometimes like waiting for the postal mail service .... s l o w .
Posted by: tru blu

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/22/06 08:14 AM

Yeah, but it would still be nice, given the much-talked-about demand for the RR2150 and the wait so many have endured, to just issue a statement. Labor Day has come and gone. I ordered one fairly recently, so I don't expect to be serviced right away, but I can certainly understand the frustration.

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/25/06 02:03 PM

I called Outlaw today about my RR2150 . When we receive them is going to be based on when it was ordered.... first ordered, first to receive.

If you want to know an appx. ship date, I suggest calling them for the most direct service. For instance, they told mine will ship in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/25/06 02:36 PM

You placed your order around the beginning of September, right, garthr? That suggests that folks who ordered back in June could potentially see their shipment as soon as next week some time.

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/25/06 03:13 PM

I placed mine 2nd week of August ..... so yes ... I would think those with the oldest orders could receive them very soon. It all depends on how many backorders there are and how efficient their operation is. I asked how many RR2150's were ordered, but the person who helped me did not know.

I suspect their shipping department is only a few people..... so they'll be working hard for the coming weeks smile

We'll probably see someone just pop in here and say they've received their RR2150 at any time now.

Re: Could we get an update? - 09/25/06 04:12 PM

Outlaw seems to run a small, efficient operation. I called about getting some interconnects this morning, and the woman who was taking my order said she recognized my name from my RR2150 order. She confirmed that I'd placed the order in late August, and said it would probably go out in about 2 weeks.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/06/06 05:52 PM

Well, it's been since the 25th they told me 1-1/2 to 2 weeks it would be shipped out. Still no notice of shipment. I got home too late to call them today.

Has anyone received their shipment or a shipping notice? Surely someone has one by now? ..... then again ....... there's probably few who come to this forum.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/06/06 09:42 PM

I called them up a couple of days ago and they said something about the shipment being stuck in customs and they didn't know how long it would take to resolve that. Having Outlaw in your name is probably not the best for that situation.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/07/06 08:21 AM

Well, if the product is still not in-house (which is actually a troublesome thought, given where the equipment is coming from), my guess is that shipping schedules will be altered considerably. I must say, I'm beginning to get real antsy. Considering other options; some involving Outlaw Audio, some not.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/07/06 12:56 PM

If it's in customs, then it's at least on the correct continent - once they clear customs, there will probably be a little time spent checking the product (something which likely happened at the factory as well, but I'd still want to poke at them a bit before shipping to customers if I were Outlaw) and then they should be able to head out to customers. Hopefully folks at the top of the pre-order list will start getting shipping confirmation next week.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/07/06 06:43 PM

EssenceLumin , you're not in the US? Canada? Is that what was meant by being held up in customs?

gonk, tru blu .......I understood the RR2150 was made in a US factory..... is it not?

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/07/06 07:03 PM

The original factory was overseas (only Outlaw gear made in the US are the multichannel amps), and since the new units are in customs it seems that the new factory is also overseas.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/07/06 07:20 PM

Don't remember exactly where I saw it (or how accurate it is), but I think I'd read somewhere in Asia.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/08/06 11:19 PM

I'm in the US. I seem to remember somewehere in Asia too, though I don't remember where I read that.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/09/06 02:41 PM

I called Outlaw today .... it seems it's still in transit from being manufactured in China. I was told a week for delivery, and frankly , I take that to mean they really do not know when it will arrive.

I'm sure others are getting a bit anxious also. I have tried many integrated/recievers in this price range, and none have been satisfactory. So the RR2150 is one in a line of units I'm trying. My current receiver sounds good enough for me .... but the background noise for headphone listening is just too obtrusive. A headphone amp is an option, but hopefully a last option.

Integrated/recievers with A/B speaker switching and tone controls are becoming rare. The latest rage of no tone controls is hopefully just a phase..... because how many of us have such perfect listening enviroments and sources that we never use them? Most of us do not..... or ever will. So a little tone control here and there(when they're --good-- tone controls), is very helpful. HK has pretty useful controls, as does Marantz and Yamaha. Denon and NAD's were by far the least useful. I've heard Mcintosh's tone controls are some the best. I find it kind of funny how they still use tone controls on all but their "budget" integrated, and many lower priced yet still expensive brands are eliminating them !

Well, I hope we all see our units sometime soon, a couple of weeks ..... Halloween ..... Thanksgiving ? I'm kidding .... I hope:)
Posted by: Grinneth42

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/10/06 06:11 PM

Didn't I read somewhere that the 2150 was in house, being tested? So does a "transit from china" commentary mean that the tests were passed and we have moved on to full production? In which case, maybe another week is realistic. (Oh, and just so everyone knows, I won't be checking the forums for a bit, leaving for the ISS tomorrow...)yep... realistic...
Posted by: bobthepome

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/11/06 12:19 PM

Just received an email from Outlaw indicating that the RR2150 shipment has been received, and they'll debit my credit card next Monday (last chance to cancel!). Shipments will occur in order over the next 3 weeks. Yippeeee
Posted by: morphsci

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/11/06 01:30 PM

Yep, me too. Last chance to cancel is Friday and they will start debiting CC's on Monday. They estimate approx. 3 weeks to get through the back orders. Looks like you have until mid-November before the price increase.
Posted by: Sweet Spot

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/12/06 09:42 PM

If that 3 weeks is somewhat accurate, I'm in good shape. The time estimate I was given by my wife for when the Outlaw credit card will be arriving is next wednesday/thursday, since it takes a lousy 7 business days for it to arrive and she ordered it on Monday.

I wonder though, if I called Outlaw, would I be able to order my receiver, even though the credit card technically belongs to my wife. If a rep or someone in the know is reading this, what info would I need in order to utilize the card, even though it hasn't arrived yet ? Would her drivers license info or whatever info she gave on the phone, be sufficeint ?

Doug

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/12/06 10:18 PM

The card announcement that Scott posted indicates that if they have a copy of the app and a driver's license, they can process an order as soon as the application is approved - which means it could be done tomorrow. It's always possible that the credit card company would require that your wife actually call in and say "OK" the sales department, but it appears to be doable and I'm sure that you and a sales person could get the order lined up first.
Posted by: john r

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/19/06 08:41 AM

Just an update to the update. I ordered a RR2150 back in late June, and given the recent announcement, I expected to receive a shipment notification earlier this week. However, I haven't heard a peep from the Outlaws.

I sure hope there weren't more delays. Anyone else get their unit yet?

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/19/06 10:44 AM

Nothing here either,other than the same email I assume everyone who has an existing order received from Outlaw on the Oct. 10th . I would have thought someone would have received theirs by now.

Hurry up ....... and wait ! smile
Posted by: Sweet Spot

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/19/06 11:04 AM

Well, I don't know if this is anything to go by but, when my wife was on the phone with one of the guys, he said that it would be at least 2 weeks until my unit shipped. Now, that either means that everyone who was priority will actually get theirs in a week or two, or that it means pretty much nothing, since "at least 2 weeks" or translated as "no less than 2 weeks", means that it will definitely take 2 weeks or ANY time over that.

My wife was under the impression that it would actually ship in 2 weeks, though I'm not going to hold my breath.

Doug

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/19/06 03:40 PM

I think it pretty much means nothing smile I was originally told 1-1/2 to 2 weeks , then another week, now within 3 weeks from Oct. 10.

It seems the more we inquire as to when, the more confusing it becomes. I know they're doing their best with the situation, so all we can is wait for the delivery at our door. It may be Halloween ...... or we may be having turkey ..... no one knows smile

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/20/06 02:42 AM

Well, I'd suggest that Outlaw's way of handling this is pure Pavlov. There's been a fair amount of grumbling for close to a month now, and in hindsight that Oct. 10 e-mail seems rather perfectly timed to delay some of the anxiety, which it did until this week. Now, we're all just salivating, with nothing in sight except…Thanksgiving turkey?

If John R pre-ordered back in June and hasn't heard anything, well, those of us who, like me, ordered at some point between late August and now are in for a bit of a wait—especially if we're to believe Outlaw's line about the overwhelming demand. (But should we believe it?) All I know is that I'd appreciate a straight answer a lot more than what seems like endless stalling. Outlaw is currently trading on the cool connotations of the company name, but we all know that beyond the world of marketing there is sometimes a not-so-cool side to "outlaws," too. (Not exactly straight shooters, if you know what I mean.) If I wasn't absolutely thrilled with the performance of the interconnects I acquired a little while ago, I'm not sure what I'd be feeling right now.
Posted by: Scott

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/20/06 09:52 AM

tru blu,

Shipments started on Monday as outlined in the October 10th email. As we indicated, it will take us approximately three weeks to fill all of the reservation orders. John R reserved a unit in June. We are presently filling orders from the beginning of May. While many are anxious, we are keeping to our announced plan. Please be patient.

Best,

Scott

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/20/06 10:01 AM

So shipments have commenced! I'm sure that is good news indeed to the folks in line.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/20/06 01:11 PM

Thanx, Scott. Sooooo glad to hear that. I guess I'll shut up now.

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/23/06 11:15 AM

(Sigh.) I've got another delicate question about the status of the RR 2150. I visited the Outlaw site Saturday while at a friend's place, to show him the receiver. So he adds the RR 2150 to his shopping cart, and it pops up with the introductory price. That surprised me in light of my last exchange with Scott, because the RR 2150 update states pretty explicitly that the price will change when shipments begin. Now don't get me wrong: I have no beef with anyone getting a great bargain (especially my friends), but the fact that the site didn't reflect the new shipping status gave me a little pause. I wish bringing all this up didn't make me feel like the jerk who got invited to the party.
Posted by: Scott

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/23/06 12:56 PM

tru blu:

The original update from June 21st indicated that:

"Any orders for the RR2150 placed once shipments resume and the RR 2150 is “back in stock”, will be charged at the new, higher price."

We choose not to consider the RR2150 back in stock if we can not fulfill all of our reservation orders and still have units available for new customers to order.

The last newsletter has been modified to show this more accurate information.
Best,

Scott
Posted by: bestbang4thebuck

Re: Could we get an update? - 10/23/06 06:05 PM

I dont' know that it can go on forever, but one result of the current situation may be that if the orders come in fast enough, such that demand stays ahead of supply, the price may remain at the pre-increase level. wink