Programming stations into memory

Posted by: radish

Programming stations into memory - 04/15/06 11:12 AM

Outlaws,

Here's a geeky question for you.

How do you remove a radio station from memory without replacing it with another station?

For example, suppose a have station X programmed as 01 and station Y programmed as 02. How do I remove station Y from memory without replacing it with another program (e.g., without programming station Z as 02)?

Thanks.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Programming stations into memory - 04/15/06 01:16 PM

I'd assume the station preset would have to have something assigned to it - isn't the default usually something like 87.5?
Posted by: radish

Re: Programming stations into memory - 04/16/06 11:13 AM

Gonk,

If I'm correctly interpreting your reply, you're suggesting that--until programmed otherwise--all 39 programming options should be set to 87.5, and that using the remote control's Preset Up (or Down) button would stop at 87.5 for all 39 pre-programmed stops.

This is, luckily, not the case. The 2150 starts out with no preset stations, but you can add up to 39 stations as you please.

But, for better or worse, I can't figure out how to remove a preset station without replacing it with another preset station.

This is a minor issue to be sure, but to an obsessive-compulsive type like me, it's a puzzile I'd like to figure out.

Thanks for your reply.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Programming stations into memory - 04/16/06 04:47 PM

Quote:
you're suggesting that--until programmed otherwise--all 39 programming options should be set to 87.5, and that using the remote control's Preset Up (or Down) button would stop at 87.5 for all 39 pre-programmed stops.
Yep, at least that's what I've seen some receivers do.
Quote:
This is, luckily, not the case. The 2150 starts out with no preset stations, but you can add up to 39 stations as you please.
Cool. Clearly my assumption can be disregarded, then. smile You might check with Outlaw and see what they say - they're used to us obsessive-compulsive types.
Posted by: jbuszard

Re: Programming stations into memory - 03/14/11 10:16 AM

Has anyone solved the problem of erasing the radio memory yet? Before realising that I could not unprogram I entered a whole lot of stations and then moved to a new location and added more staions for the new geographical region. I have now programmed stations I can pick up into all the channels that previously had frequencies assigned to them. It would be nice to have only seven programmed sations which would make it much easier when scrolling up or down through the stations. If I cannot unprogram then I will just program the stations I want in a cycle so that "1" will repeat on "8" and "15". This way I will only have to scroll through a maximum of 7 to get where I want to be. It would be much nicer to be able to erase unwanted memories.
Posted by: BlazingArrow74

Re: Programming stations into memory - 09/13/12 11:53 PM

... May someone from Outlaw, or any knowledgeable person PLEASE address this issue ? ... I am having the same issue: I would like to un-program a number of stations so I don't have to cycle through so many presets ... How are presets actually DELETED ? ...
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Programming stations into memory - 09/14/12 11:31 AM

Can you just enter the preset number and go directly to that station. I would program my favorite stations in a run and stay within that run when cycling through the stations(ie first 7 are programmed which means I never have to go to #8 or 31). Program the rest to a station of white noise.