950B - Questions about B-Stock

Posted by: macharya

950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/19/05 10:49 AM

I have been considering the B stock version of the 950. According to the website "they may have some slight appearance blemishes, as these products may have been opened and used by a consumer prior to their return."

Could anyone who owns a B-stock give some specific examples of the type of blemish? Is this noticable - i.e. large scratch, dent etc.?

Thanks.
Posted by: Az

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/19/05 11:05 AM

I think they're all going to be different. Some may not have any blemishes to speak of at all, other may have some noticeable warts.

The point is that if some small scratches or dings are going to bother you, you need to pony up the extra $50 and get a new model.

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/19/05 11:31 AM

That's a good point.

Not sure if it will bother me...it's just that a large scratch might be distracting. It's a $126 question - the difference between free shipping on the "B" vs. higher price + shipping for the new smile
Posted by: analogmusic

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/19/05 11:57 AM

I purchased a B stock 950 and 7 B stock M-200s. No dings or scratches were found. One M-200 was shipped without the 2nd (outer) box, but arrived with no damage. All are working as new.

Gary
Posted by: gonk

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/19/05 06:28 PM

I don't remember ever hearing of folks with B-stock units reporting visible dings or scrapes. There are probably a few cases of it happening, but it seems to be rare.
Posted by: Dave Anderson

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/19/05 11:08 PM

I ordered a B-stock 950 and it arrived with no visible marks and works perfectly. I am very happy with my purchase. I replaced a sick Lexicon DC2.
Thanks,
Dave Anderson
Posted by: JT Clark

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/20/05 10:08 PM

Mine looks (and works) just fine.
Posted by: ScottH

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/20/05 10:12 PM

[/URL]]www.outlawaudio.com/bstock-explained.html

*What's a B-Stock?

B-stock units are factory-refurbished units that have been open for any reason. They carry a full warranty and thirty-day money back trial. While these units are 100% fully operational they are not guaranteed to be blemish free.
Posted by: martialovid

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/21/05 11:13 AM

I bought a refurb 950B anda new 7100 5 weeks ago. Except for the odd fact that there were two remotes in the box (one loose) the 950B seemed absolutely new, with no marks whatsoever, and it worked just as perfectly.

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/21/05 12:12 PM

Looks like I know what to do now! Thanks for your comments.
Posted by: jeffdavis

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/23/05 11:09 PM

macharya,

I purchased a 950-b/770 combo and my 950 was/is blemish free. One of the reasons that I bought the b-stock 950 instead of a new one was to get the free shipping with the new 770 amp. But even if it has a blemish or two, you'll love the sound that it produces.

Jeff

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/23/05 11:46 PM

I tell you - it's getting more and more difficult not to hit that "confirm order" button...
Posted by: silversport

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/24/05 07:16 AM

Haaa! I was where you are a little over a month ago...hemmed and hawwed about getting this or that...everyone here is very helpful...placed the stuff in the shopping cart and then out of the cart...anyway...towards the end of last year, I FINALLY decided to order the stuff and I guess the Outlaws server went down...I COULDN'T ORDER IT!!!
By the time everything was straightened out it was January 3rd and the price of shipping had gone up (I ordered the 950/7100 LFM-1 combo so "B" stock wasn't worth it for me)...only about 10 bux but I was frustrated...THEN...my credit card suspected fraud and denied the purchase...ANOTHER day to straighten all that out and convince the Outlaws that I wasn't an "OUTLAW" and the wait for the stuff...(really comes pretty fast! :-)
ORDER NOW...you won't be disappointed, the service is great and everyone here is pretty helpful!
Enjoy...your next post should say..."I hit the confirm order button..." ;-)
Bill
Posted by: cedman1

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/24/05 10:54 AM

I'm also was in the same situation. However, thanks to painttoad assuring me I would be pleased, I clicked the button. I'm very happy so far and there is a major improvement over what I had been using previously. I ordered the B-stock with the free shipping, great deal by the way. My unit is an older unit I believe with the original surround stickers however, that is the only difference that I can see from the gallery pics and picturs off of audiogon.
The shipping was the only eventfull item in the entire process. I was working during all three delivery attempts so I had to drive out to the Skokie fedex facility from the city (Chicago), in the first snow fall of 2005....Still worth it.

Ced
Posted by: painttoad

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/25/05 10:23 AM

glad you're happy,i love my 1050 just wish upgrades were feasible for me,i would love to check out outlaw amps,but that definitely means new mains,because i just can't turn it down....
Posted by: anfieldman

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/25/05 04:36 PM

I've recently received my B-Stock 950. There are a few marks on the screws where you can tell they opened the case, but that is the only mark I can see. Shipped with a Brand New remote.
Posted by: Lee44

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/27/05 04:54 PM

Well, you guys finally convinced me, pulled the trigger on a 950B.

Move me from lurker to owner smile

Thanks,
Lee

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/31/05 05:00 PM

Well, it's done - I hit the "Place Order" button and a Outlaw 950B/7100 combo is headed my way!

Looking forward to setting this up and testing it out. Thanks for all the "hand holding" along the way :-)
Posted by: gonk

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 01/31/05 06:30 PM

Congratulations - I think you'll enjoy it.
Posted by: Lee44

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 02/06/05 01:38 AM

My 950B came in today, just opened the box. New remote and accessories.

I can't find a mark on the unit, looks new smile Can't even find marks on the screws. Thank you Outlaw!

There is a blue dot next to the serial number. I understand what the blue dot is from reading other posts.

Dang, I'm leaving on a trip in 6.5 hrs but I sure feel like pulling the old Onkyo 787 out of the rack and installing the 950 and amps.

I'll be back Thursday night frown its going to be a long week.

Lee
Posted by: psklenar

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 02/06/05 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee44:
My 950B came in today, just opened the box. New remote and accessories. ...
Welcome to the gang Lee!
Posted by: wingnut4772

Re: 950B - Questions about B-Stock - 02/08/05 08:56 AM

I just got a 950B and it looks flawless and works perfectly.