Fear Factor

Posted by: JeffreyMercado

Fear Factor - 11/01/04 12:40 PM

A friend of mine just purchased a new Nad pre-pro. He can not hook it up as yet because he is awaiting new speakers that are arriving in two months. I graciously offered that he bring it over to see if it works and how it compares to my old 950. The challenge was presented but it was declined as not a fair test. Powering his Nad with my outlaw 770. Would it make a difference? Anyway I told him I would be more than happy to bring the prepro over once he hooks everything up. What a chicken?
Posted by: gonk

Re: Fear Factor - 11/01/04 12:59 PM

I'd want to get it out of the box and put it through its paces at the very least, and what amp is used shouldn't make too much difference. What amp will he be using, since he's apparently not using a 770?
Posted by: JeffreyMercado

Re: Fear Factor - 11/01/04 01:09 PM

He is using the Nad amp 140x7. He is quivering right now
Posted by: gonk

Re: Fear Factor - 11/01/04 01:43 PM

smile - I'd let him bring pre-pro and amp together if he already has both.
Posted by: The Spatula

Re: Fear Factor - 11/01/04 02:12 PM

If you use the same amplifier, source, cables and speakers for an a/b test, than it is a fair fight.

Well, not really a fair fight because NAD is not that great (in my opinion)!!! Tell him you'll use his amp or switch back and fourth between both of your amps.

(N-ormally A-lways D-efective) laugh wink
Posted by: JulioCat

Re: Fear Factor - 11/03/04 07:06 PM

laugh laugh it's funny Spatula, but i have a NAD CD Player with more than 15 years on it and works perfect, in fact it's so old that it have trouble with some CD-R media type, cause when i buy it, the CD-R doesn't exist.

Re: Fear Factor - 11/03/04 08:14 PM

laugh wink Than you are one of the lucky ones JulCat. When I bought my Adcom set up in the early/mid 90's, I looked at NAD and just was not impressed with the quality or sound. Infact, there were many audio stores pulling the equipment, mainly amplifiers and integrated amplifiers, because of quality control problems at the time. I actually have heard good things about their CD and DVD players, when they work. :rolleyes: laugh wink lol (j/k)
Posted by: JulioCat

Re: Fear Factor - 11/04/04 06:36 PM

I have to admit that, in fact that's the cause who stop me from buying more from NAD, now i'm glad i found outlaw,
!!!!outlaw we need a DVD Universal Player!!!!!!

Re: Fear Factor - 11/04/04 08:45 PM

Quote:
Quoted From JulioCat:
!!!!outlaw we need a DVD Universal Player!!!!!!
YOU HEARD THE MAN, WHERE IS IT?!?!?! laugh cool laugh
Posted by: worldwide

Re: Fear Factor - 11/05/04 01:58 AM

I'll third that idea. A DVD universal player from Outlaw would complete my 950/770/LFM1 Outlaw system. If it doesn't come before CES though I'll have to pick up an Arcam DV-79.