6CH Bypass without the remote?

Posted by: vsemlek

6CH Bypass without the remote? - 10/23/12 04:41 PM

My 950 remote gave up the ghost. It looks like I don't really need it except for 6CH bypass. Does anyone know how to get into this mode without the remote?

If not, where can I get a replacement remote?
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: 6CH Bypass without the remote? - 10/26/12 09:06 AM

Contact Outlaw and see if they can forward you a copy of the users manual. Logitech and others make a universal remote which can control almost any aspect of your equipment. They have the codes for my Outlaw equipment and probably for the 950 also. Look at Logitech.com for the Harmony One and see if they have the code. There are cheaper remotes out there but none that will completely control your equipment. I checked the site and the 950 is a supported device. Here is a link which should help:

http://myremotesetup.com/EasyZapper/New/Main.asp
Posted by: vsemlek

Re: 6CH Bypass without the remote? - 11/09/12 11:05 PM

Thanks. It looks like the Harmony is a good choice. I tried taking another route, and it may have cost me.

I tried the Re remote that plugs into an iPad/iPhone App. It doesn't specify the model numbers, but it has Outlaw Audio, and the given functions for the remote look like a nearly perfect match. It is close enough for me to wonder if the remote is actually fine and the IR sensor on the 950 is malfunctioning?

Anybody out there using the Re iPhone App/remote for the Outlaw 950?

Would an IR remote sensor possibly make things work again?