Different versions of Outlaw interconnects?

Posted by: Windmiller

Different versions of Outlaw interconnects? - 01/02/09 03:57 PM

I just bought a pair of 1.6m Outlaw PCA interconnects used and the guy I got them from describes them as Pure Copper PCA. On the Outlaw website it lists the PCA cables as silver so between the variation is the description and the fact that Outlaw doesnt sell any PCA 1.6m cables so I am wondering if these must be an older version of the Outlaw PCA cable. If so is there any info on them?

Thanks!!
Posted by: gonk

Re: Different versions of Outlaw interconnects? - 01/02/09 04:23 PM

I just re-read the PCA description , as I recalled them as being pure copper ("PCA" stood for "Pure Copper Audio"). The description on the site talks a lot about silver cables in general, but doesn't identify the PCA as being silver - in fact, the final part of the statement refers to the possibility of making silver cables at some point in the future. I'm pretty certain that the PCA has always been a copper cable.

Based on that last statement, I'm pretty sure the description pre-dates the release of the PSC ("Pure Silver Coax") cables that are intended for video and coaxial digital audio applications. The PSC is a silver cable.
Posted by: Altec

Re: Different versions of Outlaw interconnects? - 01/02/09 04:32 PM

And all of the traces on all the printed circuit boards in every power amplifier and preamp are made of........copper. And the point of having 3 feet of silver is......????
Posted by: Windmiller

Re: Different versions of Outlaw interconnects? - 01/02/09 05:20 PM

Thanks for the clarification Gonk, that is kind of what I was thinking but wasnt sure smile
Posted by: psyprof1

Re: Different versions of Outlaw interconnects? - 01/02/09 06:52 PM

I echo Altec's question, and also ask whether anyone reading this has tried Mapleshade interconnects, speaker cables, or AC wires.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Different versions of Outlaw interconnects? - 01/03/09 02:00 AM

Mapleshade is just another Snake Oil sales group. A wire is a physical device and has to confirm to the laws of Physics. Snake Oil however can be whatever the purveyor says it is. Let the buyer beware!!
Posted by: psyprof1

Re: Different versions of Outlaw interconnects? - 01/03/09 09:00 PM

Sorry to hear your opinion but I still ask if anyone else has had direct experience with them - besides me. I have their Ultrathin digital coax cable between my Pioneer universal player and 990 and, to my possibly biased ears, there is an improvement in fine detail, especially at high frequencies, over the Master coax I was using before - enough of an improvement to justify the extra caution because the Ultrathin is so fragile.