Y-Adaptor and digital audio

Posted by: kugumby

Y-Adaptor and digital audio - 10/07/05 01:51 PM

I have two sources that have coax digital out. (No optical) My 1050 only has one coax input. Can I use the Outlaw Y-Adaptor to split it into the coax input? There will never be an instance where they are used at the same time.

Thanks in advance.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Y-Adaptor and digital audio - 10/07/05 09:55 PM

I'd be a little worried about that arrangement. While it may work, I'd tend to recommend a coax-to-optical converter (such as this one from Parts Express for about $18) as a more reliable approach, assuming you have a spare optical input on the 1050.
Posted by: painttoad

Re: Y-Adaptor and digital audio - 10/07/05 10:45 PM

i use my 1050 daily for digital audio switching,(some converted to analog at $$$$$).the 1050 is lacking at coax inputs...although,i see no reason a 'y' would not do what you want it to do.
i personally would not do it,but,it would work.(personal setup)

BTW---i love my 1050, like my best(beer..LOL)compare....the integra was a 2-channel pre,with 2 amps,2 eq's,2 pr.speakers,3bx wuz cool.90's('bout 1800 watts,total.)
i'll get a scanup soon.

that can not compare to the SQ of this system
Posted by: kugumby

Re: Y-Adaptor and digital audio - 10/09/05 05:34 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have any free optical inputs left either. What I'm doing is building a DVD server, but I don't want to completely remove my DVD player from the system because I'll still need it to watch the special feature stuff that I won't be ripping onto my HD. (Just to be clear, I'm talking about ripping MY personal DVD's.)

I suppose I'll just hook up the stereo outs from the DVD player to the 1050 since most extra material isn't of super HQ audio.