Balance XLR cables

Posted by: jeanpaulfitness1

Balance XLR cables - 04/29/11 04:56 PM

which site has better cables monoprice or bettercables.com? has anyone used balance xlr cables from these sites? looking for quality, already know monoprice is cheeper.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Balance XLR cables - 04/29/11 07:28 PM

I have 8 foot XLRs from MonoPrice and they work just fine and they were pretty reasonable. I connect my 990 to the 7500 with them. No problems for the last year or so. Also check out BlueJeans cables. Their construction has been top notch for my other cables and they have stellar service.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Balance XLR cables - 04/30/11 11:20 AM

I would use Blue Jeans before BetterCables - they cost less, and I've felt that my Blue Jeans cables are better made than my BetterCables.
Posted by: ronrags

Re: Balance XLR cables - 05/02/11 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: jeanpaulfitness1
which site has better cables monoprice or bettercables.com? has anyone used balance xlr cables from these sites? looking for quality, already know monoprice is cheeper.

Jeanpaul,

I have some Outlaw XLR cables I no longer use. If interested send me a PM.
Posted by: JayDee

Re: Balance XLR cables - 06/29/11 04:02 PM

Greetings all.

Has anyone ever compared the Outlaw Audio XLR cables vs. Mogami Gold 2534 XLR cables with Neutrik plugs? What were your thoughts on the cables? The reason I ask is that I need a short length of XLR cables to go from a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic to a balanced headphone amp by a company called Einar Sound/Hevicy. Pricing wise the cables would be about the same. I've read really good things about the Mogami Gold 2534 cables but I'm also a fan of Outlaw Audio. I have the PCA ICs going from my Oppo BDP 83SE to my Outlaw 990 and the sound is heavenly.

Thanks in advance.