ICBM dead !! burnt fuse

Posted by: aabouganem

ICBM dead !! burnt fuse - 10/04/05 03:00 AM

Hi:

I just find out that the 500mA fuse in my ICBM was burnt. So I proceeded to change it, and as soon as I plug back the conector from the transformer, I can see the spark and burning of the fuse.

I just tried 2 times, as I dont want to damage anything, but I cant see why is this happening. Any situation like this?

I am contacting the Outlwas at office hours. But if you have any idea, please share it as well.

Regards
Posted by: gonk

Re: ICBM dead !! burnt fuse - 10/04/05 07:20 AM

I'm sure the Outlaws will get you sorted out when they get into the office today. I suppose there could be a problem with the AC adapter, which might explain the multiple blown fuses.
Posted by: Jason J

Re: ICBM dead !! burnt fuse - 10/05/05 02:39 PM

Do you have your speakers still connected when you are trying to change the fuse? Also, is the ICBM connected to any other equipment at this time? I would unplug any and all cables going to or from it and then try to replace the fuse. It it still sparks, only Outlaw support can help you. If it does work, reconnect each cable one at a time making sure you have the proper connections.

Keep us updated...
Posted by: 1911Slinger

Re: ICBM dead !! burnt fuse - 12/23/05 11:41 AM

I had the same problem. You need to buy "slow blow" fuses. They are a bit tricky to find, in this oddball size. The problem seems to be that the ICBM draws a bit more than .5A during power-up, whether or not any cables are attached. After it powers up to quiescent state, it draws less than .5A. The slow-blow fuse survives the momentary >.5A current.