Still an Awesome Amp

Posted by: gunslinger

Still an Awesome Amp - 11/06/17 12:51 PM

I owned this amp used nearly 8 years ago and like a fool sold it because I was going to a dedicated 2 channel set up. I am now back to my Home Theater mode and this is where I will stay although I do have a nice Rega P2 and Vincent Audio Phono Pre-Amp.

Anyway I was just really excited to share that I just purchased a used Model 755 from an original owner for $700 including shipping and I am still amazed at what a beast this amplifier is and the sound is as good or better than I remember.

I see Monoprice came out with what looks like similar 5 and 7 channel amps. Does anyone know if the Monoprice amps are also made by ATI.

Anyway I was just excited and wanted to brag to people I think would still appreciate this GEM I had been keeping an eye out for another one for almost a year and it finally paid off.
Posted by: AvFan

Re: Still an Awesome Amp - 11/07/17 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By gunslinger

I see Monoprice came out with what looks like similar 5 and 7 channel amps. Does anyone know if the Monoprice amps are also made by ATI.

I read a review that specifically said Monoprice worked with ATI in developing their amps. ATI makes solid performing amps that are very reliable.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Still an Awesome Amp - 11/07/17 08:03 PM

It appears that the internals of the Monoprice amps are very similar to the ATI gear except for the balanced inputs.