Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#99114 - 12/23/20 01:36 PM music from Iphone
jeffy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hate to be the first to post on this with a potentially stupid question, but I am trying to understand if I can plug my Iphone directly into one of the USB ports and then play Spotify, etc. The receive identifies and charges the phone but the message says "no USB"
I guess it is not supported and I will have to rely on Bluetooth?

#99115 - 12/23/20 02:58 PM Re: music from Iphone [Re: jeffy]
Outlaw Ben Offline

Gunslinger

The USB-A's are for thumb-drives. The USB-B is for computers. The USB-A's labeled ACCESSORY POWER is so you can power external devices like bluetooth receivers or other devices that operate on a 5V power supply.

You would not be able to plug a phone directly into the unit unless you have a headphone output.

When the phone app is released, if you have Spotify Premium, you will be able to directly send Spotify to the RR2160MkII via the app.

#99118 - 12/26/20 04:48 PM Re: music from Iphone [Re: jeffy]
jeffy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Next potentially stupid question. I am driving Magnepan .7s and they sound great although at the probably loud volumes I prefer, I have to move up to -20 to -12db with the volume knob. Will this be a problem for the amplifier long term?

#99120 - 12/28/20 01:02 PM Re: music from Iphone [Re: jeffy]
No Good Points Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Jeffy - I have found you can use the USB B input with an iphone and ipad to play music. One catch - You have to have Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter for it to work (needs a power source). Hope this helps.

Originally Posted By jeffy
Hate to be the first to post on this with a potentially stupid question, but I am trying to understand if I can plug my Iphone directly into one of the USB ports and then play Spotify, etc. The receive identifies and charges the phone but the message says "no USB"
I guess it is not supported and I will have to rely on Bluetooth?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts