Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#21575 - 10/18/05 01:07 PM Batman Begins
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Since this is being released today, I thought I'd start a thread. Is anyone planning on picking it up today?

From a review I read it should be a serious workout for our systems!

#21576 - 10/18/05 02:43 PM Re: Batman Begins
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
One of my favourite films this year. Will be picking it up after work today. The 2-disc version (Deluxe Edition) is $15.87 at Walmart.

#21577 - 10/18/05 02:57 PM Re: Batman Begins
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Also one of my favorites of the year. I'll get it some time this week and hope to toss it in the Oppo this weekend.

#21578 - 10/19/05 09:22 PM Re: Batman Begins
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Miami
I loved it and it sounds really good in the 'ole HT. Lot's of good bass scenes.

#21579 - 10/30/05 08:09 AM Re: Batman Begins
trout Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Omaha, NE USA
I got the DVD and played it the other night. It definitely gave my system a nice workout, but I'm a little concerned it did a little too much of a workout. I heard a lot of clipping going on during the explosions. I had my volume up to 47 and that's running through just a Model 1050 that's output to an ICBM, then into a Model 750 amp, and finally out to some Paradigm Reference Series speakers (fronts being Studio 100 and rears being Studio 20. Plus a sub and center)

I'll admit, I've foolishly had my DVD player in D-PCM instead of Dolby Digital previous to this, until a month or two ago. But I've never had a clipping problem before,even during the two months I was in 5.1. It seemed to only be my front right most of the time, during the explosions, and every so often I could hear the left rear clipping as well. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? The speakers should easily have been able to handle the power delivered without maxing them out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

EDIT: OK, nevermind about the clipping issue. I just checked (by taking the covers off my speakers) and it looks like the a few of the speakers in the right speaker have become unglued. Now, I don't know if this is an indication of a blown speaker or not, but it explains why the clipping sound occurred. The Studio 100 speaker has a tweeter, mid, bass and sub. My left speaker sub had been unglued for quite some time and I was meaning to talk to the sales place about it coming unglued. I know I have not sent anything too powerful to the speaker and the speaker's sub frequencies should be handled by my ICBM setting (of 40Hz for my front left/right.) I was holding off on the left speaker, as it was not producing any bad noise, but now the the right bass speaker has come unglued, it is producing that clipping noise and may need to be remedied soon.

I'll go to the dealer and find out what can be done, and hopefully at minimum cost. smile

#21580 - 11/02/05 02:48 PM Re: Batman Begins
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Okay.....I picked the movie up last night(should've done that the week it was released...$19.99 eek )

I'll try and watch it by Monday, but I have to find the right opportunity to actually use the sound system, or I will end up with headphones.

More to come........

#21581 - 11/03/05 04:27 PM Re: Batman Begins
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Well....after watching about 50 minutes of Batman, I turned it off and can't believe I wasted almost an hour of my time on this cr*p! Give me Val Kilmer or George Clooney any day!

Yeah, RIGHT!! So far this movie is incredible. The sound is giving my system a good workout. Great use of surrounds!

Oh, the only reason I turned it off was because I had to go back to work mad

#21582 - 11/08/05 08:56 AM Re: Batman Begins
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Finished the movie.....finally! Well worth it. The best Batman flick of the lot. I still like Keaton in his two roles, but this movie is in a different "league", so to speak!

Who'da thunk Qwi-gon-jin(Neeson) could be such a bad guy? And we all know who the next villian will be. Can't wait for the next installment.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts