Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#21036 - 07/30/03 06:05 PM Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of or Soundtrack CD’s?

Just picked up last weekend EMI Records “Pure Cinema Classics”. (2-disc) Everything from “American Beauty” to “H Potter” to “Hannibal” to “Amelie” and “Gladiator”.

I love this kind of CD since I sometime get tired of playing the continuous sounds alike, of one band or one singers recording. Since I’m too lazy to jukebox, they are convenient.

More specifically I realize I pick up many Soundtrack CD’s regularly. Liking visual stimulation ….I have a more visceral reaction to these CD's, while playing soundtracks which evoke the combination of visual and audio stimulation I felt during a film, when later listening to the scoring alone.

Anyone else have favorites in this area:

To name a few, I own, “Wind and the Lion” “Mission” “End of the Affair” “The Piano” “Red Violin” “As Good as it Gets” “City of Angels” “The Royal Tenenbaums” etc. Looking for right now a copy of “Restoration” and the original scoring for “The Ghost and Mrs. Muir”.

#21037 - 07/30/03 06:59 PM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ, USA
"The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" made me cry like a baby. Excellent film!

And yes, I own a few soundtracks: "Chocolat", "8 Women", and "Strictly Ballroom" leap to mind.

Jeff

#21038 - 07/31/03 09:21 AM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
I love putting on the soundtrack from the movie "Swingers." Great mix of songs on that one...

Also, "Blues Brothers" just to sing along with.

I find myself researching those "mega-changers" just for the fact of random play. Getting through a whole album can be tricky.

#21039 - 07/31/03 06:06 PM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
Desperado

"Blues Brothers" just to sing along with but its so hard to do that without bumping into furniture wearing those dark sunglasses.

Just got “Pirates of the Caribbean” from backorder today. Riproaring scoring to clean by!
Track 8: Blood Ritual is so gladiator.

Editors Note:Being on occasion easily amused. I like to “play-like SH” just in the sense of mixing my choice music to visuals on satellite. Pirate music goes laughably well with Cowboys via “Silverado” in HD. And the other night while spinning “Pure Cinema Classics” the Theme from “The Godfather” made an excellent backdrop to Iraq males menacingly gesticulating on an HDNet World report.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited July 31, 2003).]

#21040 - 07/31/03 10:57 PM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
Larry Fine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, Va, USA
Well, let's see...

For mixed-artist compliations, I have the complete Time-Life AM Gold collection on CD (16 discs), nine other 70's comp CDs, a 3-CD set called Sun Jamming, Motown Legends, ....

Not to mention the multidisc Best Of collections, such as: The Beatles 'Live at the BBC', Led Zeppelin (4 discs), Earth, Wind and Fire (3 discs), Bob Dylan's Biograph (3 discs), The Heart of Chicago (2 discs)....

As for soundtracks, there are: A Hard Day's Night, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, Fantasia (Remastered Original Soundtrack Edition), Forest Gump, Shaft, The Nutcracker Suite (sort of a soundtrack), The Lion King, Good Morning Vietnam, Top Gun, The Neverending Story, Jurassic Park....

Then there are other, more 'eclectic' CDs, like: Brent Spiner's Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back (signed), 5 different rainforest/surfside nature sound discs, Dave Grusin's Night-lines and Cinemagic, The Home Video Album, Greatest Movie Classics, Now How Much Would You Pay?, Alice's Restaurant, A Winter's Solstice, The Planets, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters, ....

Plus, 22 single-disc Best Of's, including such greats as: The Chipmunks w/David seville, Grateful Dead, Fleetwood Mac, Jethro Tull - Original Masters, CCR's Chronical, Procol Harum - Live, too many more to list (unless someone is interested)....

So, yeah, I admit it.

------------------
Larry Fine
www.fineelectricco.com
My system

[This message has been edited by Larry Fine (edited July 31, 2003).]

#21041 - 08/01/03 09:53 PM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
sfw Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: IL, USA
As someone who likes Beatles music, but weary of the Beatles, I have enjoyed the 'I am Sam' soundtrack.

#21042 - 08/02/03 01:18 PM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
Desperado

“who likes Beatles music” that reminds me I’ve been meaning to pick up “The White Album”.
Just picked up a best of Jethro Tull, I have not listened to yet.
And “Alice’s Restaurant” would be fun. I’ve read the transcript from it. And vaguely remember hearing it on radio (or something).

Time Life (and type) releases. Few years ago I think there was offer for 4disc “COOL ROCK” or something “like that” name. I just couldn’t get past the fact that my music - “BUT WAIT” would come with a genko knife.

#21043 - 08/02/03 09:31 PM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
Larry Fine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, Va, USA
"You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant (exceptin' Alice)..."

------------------
Larry Fine
www.fineelectricco.com
My system

#21044 - 01/27/04 02:34 AM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
DHB Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: reno,nv
yes they are a great way to enjoy diferent music types/bands in one c.d. I like miami vice t.v. soundtrack. also blade runner (vangelis),cat people, ghost, greencard, class action, thomas crown affair, amelie, bram stoker's dracula.Some times it is the only way to get certain songs made only for the movie or a t.v. show. if you like cuban music than check out buena vista social club.

#21045 - 02/01/04 01:29 PM Re: Does anyone admit to liking compilation, collection of - or Soundtrack CD’s?
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
Admission?: Yes. I will buy a compilation CD as a lazy man’s jukebox for music of a particular mood I may be in. Often, however, my appetite grows larger than the contents of that one CD.

Soundtracks: sometimes, yes. Especially if there is a performance I found moving or a song “I’ve just got to have.” For example, the rendition of Begin the Beguine on the Rocketeer soundtrack CD. Now I’m waiting for music of that kind recorded in hi-def digital multi-track and released on DVD-A or SACD. Do we have a DVD-A / SACD suggestions thread?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts