Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#21229 - 12/22/03 07:01 PM Return of the King!
Logansneo Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, Ca. USA
There are a very few films that have the ability to captivate and utterly involve you in them in such a way that allows you to forget about anything else except what is occuring on screen. Rarely in my life, and certainly not frequently in my adult life, have I been completely swept away by such an immersive and brilliant tellling of a tale as the Lord of the Rings trilogy has been so able to do. But with the release of the final chapter in the series here, this stunning series comes full circle, and I am left feeling more satisfied leaving a theater than I have ever before in my life! I know that everyone want's to know how good Return of the King is, but I don't want to limit my vision to this one amazing film because it doesn't do it justice to limit my perception to the final chapter without including the two previous brilliant works in the series. I feel that Return of the King takes the glorious foundation and inner structure that Fellowship and Two Towers had laid out and builds the most epic film series of all time! The truest, greatest realization of an absolutely moving literary masterpiece! And upon reflection through a second viewing it actually had even more emotional impact than in the first viewing! SPECTACULAR! Cannot wait for the 5 HOUR Extended Edition!

-Jeremy
Outlaw 7125
Panasonic DMP-BD85K blue ray
Xbox One X 4K Blu Ray/Games
Sony SS-K90ED tower speakers
DefTech Mythos 3 center
Modified Pyle 3" 2-way cube speakers side surround
Insignia 3" 2-way bookshelf surround back
Modified Audio Source SW-15 subwoofer (downward firing) 3000 watt
Dayton Audio SUB-1200 12" Subwoofer

#21230 - 12/22/03 11:31 PM Re: Return of the King!
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX US
Saw it this weekend. It was excellent. The ensemble is sure to be a classic much like a gone with the wind. The group of 3 films is well done on so many levels. I'd definitely agree, one of the best films I've ever seen. Hope it sweeps the Oscars. I'm sure I'll be picking up the DVD when it comes out. It'll be even nicer with an intermission

#21231 - 12/23/03 09:58 AM Re: Return of the King!
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
STUNNING! I agree with Logansneo and Stabie. Return of the King was well balanced overall with many moments of excellence. Certainly if your HT isn’t yet developed to a point that brings you a level of satisfaction, make a plan to reach that point by the time the third LOTR extended DVD is released. Invite friends for extended Fellowship-Towers-King showing(s), but remember to promise them intermissions! IMO, this trilogy will likely not be equaled for many years to come. Just loosen your grip on reality and enjoy!

[This message has been edited by bestbang4thebuck (edited December 23, 2003).]

#21232 - 12/26/03 08:20 PM Re: Return of the King!
JDeSimone Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St Petersburg, FL USA
I have to agree with everyone. I just got back from watching it and I was blown away. Never in my almost 50 years have I see a movie so expansive and powerful. When you say wait for the 5 hour extended version. I can believe it. Since many parts from the last book were adjusted I am sure for time contraints. Do you self a favor and log off now and head to the theater to see this. It is not to be missed.

Joe D

#21233 - 12/27/03 06:49 PM Re: Return of the King!
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
I don’t know how DVD will sound but since people are chipping in already, I’ll toss my two cents. As far as the sound effect goes in the theater, it has met my expectations in terms of the balance between site and sound. I did not notice any weakness in bass like I did in The Two Towers (refer to thread in this saloon). When the scene calls for it, it delivered. One good example would be during ramming of the gate with a swing weight (or whatever its called). To me, it hit the spot. I’m not sure if it has something to do with seeing it in THX certified theater but it was impressive. I’ll give two thumbs way up for this movie.

#21234 - 01/24/04 11:53 AM Re: Return of the King!
kalispar Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Maine, USA
I too am looking forward to the DVD of "Return of the King." Going for the extended version, of course, because 3hr. 20 min. was just not enough!

Yes, soundwise the battering ram was very impressive in the theater. Hugh "THUD" that nearly knocked me out of my seat, followed by the sound of the chains slamming back against the gate. Very well balanced and frighteningly real.

#21235 - 01/26/04 01:58 PM Re: Return of the King!
boblinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
Four Golden Globes.

And now ... on to the Oscars!!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM