Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#21194 - 11/12/03 01:43 PM Battle of the 950’s. T3 “Rise of the [volumes]"
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Ever been in the mega theaterplex and irritated by the blockbuster next door vibrating through the connecting walls.

Last night I purchased “ T3, Rise of the Machines”. I happen to own two 950’s. Husband wants to roll it right away, son walks in with date and has just rented “?”.

We insert T3 in the main system, and let her rip. They start their DVD up in the other room.
Very soon as soon as the last explosion dies away from the early multi vehicle chase, We hear peals of laughter from the other room as they crank their volume higher and higher.

My speakers were bigger than their speakers, I have the SW. I won the war

T3. Highly recommended blockbuster style extremely aggressive demo. Perfect recording and mix of the “John Conner” voiceovers. This was so crystal I almost shivered during this high volume demo, when he first speaks after some loud sequences. Great pans L & R. Keeps your surrounds busy. Whole lot of fun.

The 950 makes this soundtrack sing, MUCH Much better than the local theaters. Whatever you think of the quality of plot for this 3rd in a series TERMINATOR.

Soundtrack recommended as worth the price of admission.

#21195 - 11/22/03 04:26 PM Re: Battle of the 950’s. T3 “Rise of the [volumes]"
ecniemann Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Greenfield, WI
Lena, How is the actual plot of the movie? I've been a Terminator fan since 1984, and thought T2 was the best sequel I've ever seen, although Aliens would be a close second. I've been gone from home almost two months, and to be honest, the first thing besides kissing my fiancee, will be firing up the old 950/770. I can't wait to rent all the new releases since September. I'm debating whether to just purchase this movie, or rent it first. To be honest I was disappointed with the Matrix sequels. Just wasn't the same vibe as the first one. I will definately also rent the Hulk. We bought Finding Nemo and I can't wait to hear this one at home, based on the thread in this forum. Thanks, Eric.

#21196 - 11/22/03 09:56 PM Re: Battle of the 950’s. T3 “Rise of the [volumes]"
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
ecniemann,

Saw T3 in theaters and was VERY dissapointed by it. I loved the first two films but HATED the third with an absolute passion. All the smarts of the first two are gone. I'm not even certain if I'ld reccomend it as a rental.

Though I'm sure there are some parts that are great sonic demo materials on the disc, I know I certainly don't want to see it again.

Jason

#21197 - 11/24/03 12:17 PM Re: Battle of the 950’s. T3 “Rise of the [volumes]"
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Eric,

Sorry, not much time for the forum. My yard could host WWII trench reenactments. Traded off some of this major ordeal to afford more revamping (need new retaining wall next) as soon as we can. I helped fill in a 6’ deep 50’ trench this weekend. Today I can’t move! Am getting new sewer, gas, water, to main house (cottage) and ˝ bath up + utility sink down in new-ish 2 story garage 100 ft away which never had water to date. Project will go on while longer. Have One trench left all around garage, and major shopping for odds/ends, before the plumber and inspector can all finish. Then I get to cut/paste TILE!

The night we saw the film, I was more than ready for distraction and I enjoyed it thoroughly going in with my much lowered sequel-itis expectations. The guys with me that evening stated, - It was Okay and shrugged, but following week when discussing it they seemed to decide they had really enjoyed it. And since acquiring DVD have all played it a couple of times.

Never seen a groundbreaker action-adv or sci-fi, fantasy, - topped by its sequel (s). (Alien, Predator LOTR, SW’s etc). Part of what you enjoy, sets, costumes, monster physiognomy is old hat and not so awesome second time around.

The ST is a fun/fun demo, for my 950/770 and a couple of floorstanders with SW. For the guys who enjoy thundering the HT area with some busy surrounds at moments, - it’s a disc worth owing.

Have a nice kiss :}
and welcome home…!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts