Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20934 - 04/14/03 12:28 PM X-Men 1.5 and X2
Joshorr Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston, MA
I just saw Phone Booth this weeend (not great but worth a rent) and got to see the full X-Men 2 preview. Hoooo, baby!!! this looks cool. I have heard that Patrick Stewert has said it is a big improvement over the already solid first installment. It looks like it deals with some pretty interesting parts of the X-men story line like the origins of Wolverine and the continued struggle of mutants in society. Plus there are the new charaters like Nightcrawler and Iceman. I can't wait....

Has anybody taken a look at the X-Men "1.5" DVD? Any thoughts compared to the regular edition?

[This message has been edited by Joshorr (edited April 15, 2003).]

#20935 - 04/14/03 04:35 PM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
Jeremy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA, U.S.
Hey there Josh,

I used to own the original X-Men release until I gave it to my best friend about a year ago. This past weekend I happened to finally replace it with the X-Men 1.5 edition which I think rocks, but can't come up with too much of a reason for someone who currently owns the original release to go out and buy this one. Unless that is you are a confirmed X-Men nut or can't live with anything less than DTS sound for your DVD's, when it's available. This set does offer very cool supplemental material presented by Brian Singer and gives you a cool peak into X2, along with the non-animorphic original X2 long trailer, not the new one you just saw.

I will be getting more in depth in the extra features this weekend, and try and chime in Monday with a final analysis of my own, but if you would like a very in-depth comparison you can go on over to thedigitalbitsdvd.com and check for the X-Men 1.5 review which points out about every difference between the two sets! Here is the direct link:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews2/xmen15se.html

Whew!

-Jeremy

#20936 - 05/02/03 11:35 AM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
Joshorr Offline
Gunslinger

X2 out and for once it's an action movie that is getting good reviews (LOTR is in a class by itself). I'm going early tomorrow to hopefully beat the crowds. It's so nice to be excited about the movies again.

#20937 - 05/02/03 12:32 PM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
TurnerF Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Memphis,TN
I'm just hanging on till Matrix Reloaded hits on the 15th. I downloaded the 99MB Quicktime trailer and watch it every couple of days. Maybe I'll catch X-Men 2 tonight to start getting me in the action mode. I think NPR gave it a good review this morning (although I might have still been sleeping and dreamt that)

#20938 - 05/04/03 10:06 AM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
X-Men 2 rocks!!! Saw it last night and was very impressed. A good, loud, in your face summer blockbuster with enough smarts to keep you excited the whole way through. Should be a pretty good system test when it gets to DVD...

#20939 - 05/05/03 02:36 PM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
Joshorr Offline
Gunslinger

I saw X2 on saturday. That is what a summer blockbuster is all about (even if it's still the spring). A definite improvement over the first. I have to say that Spiderman is still my favorite recent comicbook movie but it's sort of hard to compare the two since they we trying to accomplish two different kinds of stories.

Bottomline though X2 is a banger of a start to what hopes to be a heck of a mvie year.

Come on MATRIX!

#20940 - 05/05/03 02:55 PM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Now, I think everyone agrees the next blockbuster out is "Matrix Reloaded". My question is; what's the next big one after that? The Hulk, League of Extraordinary Gentleman (or something like that , Charlie's Angels, Bruce Almighty?!?!?

#20941 - 05/05/03 04:35 PM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
I also saw X2 Saturday night and my wife,10 year old daughter and myself all enjoyed it very much. They did leave the end very open! I hope what I think I saw at the end is what I think?!? I don't want to spoil anything!
I thought the trailer for the hulk looked a little cheesy. League of Extraordinary Gentleman looked interesting though. Whenever I see these movies though I always grade them on how sweet they will sound at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"

[This message has been edited by m-mmeyer (edited May 05, 2003).]
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#20942 - 05/05/03 05:39 PM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
Jason J Offline
Desperado

To make you feel better, I think you did see what you thought you saw.

#20943 - 05/05/03 06:11 PM Re: X-Men 1.5 and X2
TurnerF Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Memphis,TN
I too give a thumbs up to X2 - saw it Saturday night. I don't remember ever seeing so many special effects credits at the end - company after company kept scrolling by.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts