Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#21174 - 11/02/03 08:28 PM The Matrix Reloaded
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

Am I the only person who likes this film?Hard for me to believe (in light of my second viewing) that I am the only person, thus far, to hail this movie for both it's sight and sound and even for it's (dare I say?) continuing story. As far as sequels are concerned, I feel that this one is worthy and well conceived.

#21175 - 11/02/03 08:50 PM Re: The Matrix Reloaded
Nostalgia Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
I'm wrestling with the fact that I loved the fight scenes, but at the same time thought they were too long and too many. And the sound of the metal pipe clanging Agent Smith made me cringe every single time.

Overall, I thought the movie was a lot of fun if you don't take it too seriously.

-Joe

------------------
Remember the Intellivision?
http://www.gotmaille.com/nostalgia/

#21176 - 11/10/03 01:13 PM Re: The Matrix Reloaded
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
I thought it was o.k. I didnt like the fact they had long scenes of dialog to explain the time line.

#21177 - 11/12/03 01:30 PM Re: The Matrix Reloaded
boblinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
After seeing "Reloaded," I only regretted that Mystery Science Theater 3000 was no longer around so that Joel, Mike and the Bots could "riff" it.

Just goes to show what happens when you throw millions of special effects dollars at a film that shouldn't even rate the bottom half of a Francis The Talking Mule double-bill.

#21178 - 11/16/03 02:12 PM Re: The Matrix Reloaded
Logansneo Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, Ca. USA
I personally liked this film a lot. It of course had a completely different feel than the first movie because Neo is no longer the student and comes to understand how crucial his role has become in the battle for Zion and the human race. Also after seeing Revolutions, which I am sure that many of you will also slam, I was extremely gratified to see that many of the questions left open in Reloaded were so carefully answered, and honestly much happier that many other questions were left unanswered so as to play on the imagination of the viewer! Those that wanted all of those questions answered may feel that the last two films in the Matrix series are not as well put together or coherent as the first film, but that is only due to their personal lack of desire to further invest in the depth of these great films! Now I don't think that these movies were perfect, and I can think how certain things could have been done differently, as anyone probably can, but you and I did not make these films!! I am sure most will disagree, but that's just fine with me, my perception of these films doesn't require anyone to agree with me. All in all I feel that the Wachowski Brothers have created a much more emotional and interesting universe with The Matrix Trilogy than anything George Lucas has been able to do with the Star Wars franchise in the last 6 years!

****1/2 /out of 5 stars

-Jeremy
Outlaw 7125
Panasonic DMP-BD85K blue ray
Xbox One X 4K Blu Ray/Games
Sony SS-K90ED tower speakers
DefTech Mythos 3 center
Modified Pyle 3" 2-way cube speakers side surround
Insignia 3" 2-way bookshelf surround back
Modified Audio Source SW-15 subwoofer (downward firing) 3000 watt
Dayton Audio SUB-1200 12" Subwoofer

#21179 - 11/17/03 01:11 PM Re: The Matrix Reloaded
phatlac Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: lake mary, fl, USA
You're not alone my friend!

For all of you Matrix fans, here is another test for your system(s). In the first scene of the first movie when Trinity is running from the agents you can hear the squeak of the vinyl suit in between some of her steps. These are the things I wish the audio oulets would point and when comparing system(s) in the stores.

As always, the proving ground is your "room" and not the showrooms. I would like to hear of any other passages that show off the capability of our systems - other than the earthquake and wall shattering bass passages. Thanx all!

PhatLac

Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts