Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#20739 - 11/01/02 10:50 AM ET Collector's Edition
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Played the 2nd disc on the new ET 2-Disc Limited Collectors's Edition and for the first time my 950 showed DTS where it usally shows 3/2.1 as the mode. I thought that was kind of neat.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#20740 - 11/01/02 07:10 PM Re: ET Collector's Edition
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I was excited the first time I was able to access a DTS track... had been long looking forward to having it in my own Living Room, Except for one disc, (can’t remember which one at the moment) invariably I have preferred DTS over DD every time.

#20741 - 11/01/02 09:19 PM Re: ET Collector's Edition
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
I was still amazed by the original cut of the movie. I haven't watched the "new" version of ET yet. (I think I'm becoming an old grump...and cant get over anyone wanting to do a "special edition" to a film that's fine to begin with.)

For a while I was concerned that the original edition would only be in dolby surround...and wouldn't have any updated sound work (that's what the outside of the packaging was leading me to believe). I was very relieved to hear some outstanding sound work went into the restoration. I was also very pleased to see the amount of clarity and ambience that the film itself was able to retain.

So all and all, I'm very pleased with this disk. Maybe when I get out of my grumpy stage I'll give the "new" edition a spin.

Although I'll have to wait untill I've gotten Vertigo out of my system. I just picked it up this week...and wowza. This is a realy great restoration of a realy GREAT piece of cinema.

Jason

#20742 - 11/04/02 08:14 AM Re: ET Collector's Edition
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
I saw the new version and most of the original. I actually like some of the added cuts, or should we say, original cuts that was edited out of the original movie. But, since sound is so inportant part of the experience, I must admit that the latter is my choice since it has a DTS selection. Is it just me, but do we all enjoy this format so much! Take a comparison of the famous bike scene and play it first in DD and then in DTS. Pay close attention to the massed strings and horns. The DTS version really shines here for me.More extended and airy whereas the DD version seems more compressed and lacking demmension. Of course, our ears somethimes plays tricks with us and what we wish to here often appears! i HAVE PLAYED IT MORE THAN ONCE AND IT ALWAYS SOUNDS BEST IN DTS!!!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts