This post is similar to a recent post covering the same subject, but I'm not sure if I'm asking the same exact question so I am creating a new thread.

I am looking for a new processor or receiver to feed my NAD amp and the 976 checks all my primary requirements except one. I currently have an Apple 4K TV and a newer Sony 4K flat screen. So far so good. However, I intend to eventually purchase a 4K projector to be used in the same room and I'd like to easily be able to switch between the two. I will likely connect additional 4K sources to the system in the future as well - perhaps the PS5 when it comes out.

From my understanding the second HDMI out on the 976 will not pass 4K signals. Additionally, I believe if you have both HDMI outs connected neither will pass a 4K signal. I suppose I could set the output to each source device to 1080P, but that is a compromise I'm not willing to make. Am I missing something here or is that really a limitation of the 976? If there was a way to pass dual 4K signals I would be ordering one right now. However, even though $1K is a great deal on a processor I am reluctant to purchase it due to that issue.

Any advice or insight into this?

Thanks!