Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#97639 - 01/20/18 02:30 PM 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible?
drueb Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Texas
I thought I read here that the 976 code was included in Harmony Remote's database...but just got this email...wonder if the author of this email has not been updated on the database?

Dear Drue,

My name is Mary, thank you for reaching out regarding our Harmony Remotes. I understand that you are looking for a compatible remote for your devices. Let's get this taken care of today.

First and foremost, we appreciate your interest with our remote.

Please know that all your devices except for the Outlaw Audio 976 are compatible with our hub-based models.

1. Harmony Hub
2. Harmony Smart Control
3. Harmony Companion
4. Harmony Ultimate
5. Harmony Ultimate Home
6. Harmony Elite

Your pre-amplifier is not yet added to our database but if you can teach the codes of the original infrared (IR) remote of your device, we can include it to our database.

You may keep the case number 06448423 for your record and future reference. This will allow us to quickly find the contact history when you need additional help.

In line with Logitech’s dedication to provide exceptional service to our valued customers, we will be sending a Customer Satisfaction Survey asking for your feedback about our products and services.

Best regards,

Edited by drueb (01/20/18 03:13 PM)
JBL Studio 520C Center
2 JBL Sub 550P
Polk 265RT 3 Way Surrounds (in wall)
Sony Bravia 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED TV
Panasonic DP-UB820-K 4K Player
Technics SL 1210 GR (2019)
Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk - Phono Preamp
Ortofon Bronze 2M; Ortofon Headshell;Emmeline Nighthawk Phono Pre-Amp by Ray Sammuels
Schitt Loki
Wire World RCA Cables
Drop THX AAA 789 Headphone Amp
Blue Jeans Speaker Cable Belden 10-gauge 5T00UP (Front L&R and Center)
Blue Jeans Interconnects LC-1's

#97641 - 01/20/18 05:36 PM Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? [Re: drueb]
kiwiaudio Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States
It is in their database - I’ve got it loaded into my Harmony 950!
When searching for it, You must enter “ model 976”, not just “976”.
Outlaw 976 Processor
Outlaw 755 amp for Center and all four surrounds
Adcom GFA 555II for Main L & R channels
Behringer EP4000 for two homemade subs
Outlaw Ultra X13 for REAL Sub Bass !
OPPO BDP103, Marantz CD63SE, Denon DP300F
2 Adcom ACE515s for AC current treatment
Newport Theater Director for AC distribution.
Speakers are all built by myself utilizing Dynaudio Drivers
Second room: Yamaha receiver, Musical fidelity X10D tubes, Carver C9 holographic pro.

#97653 - 01/22/18 11:52 AM Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? [Re: kiwiaudio]
drueb Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks, kiwiaudio! Just ordered the 950, hoping it will fix things...like it has done for you.
JBL Studio 520C Center
2 JBL Sub 550P
Ortofon Bronze 2M; Ortofon Headshell;Emmeline Nighthawk Phono Pre-Amp by Ray Sammuels
Schitt Loki
Wire World RCA Cables

#97654 - 01/22/18 12:33 PM Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? [Re: drueb]
kiwiaudio Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States
The Harmony 950 has a learning curve and its taking me a while. Im not giving it my undivided attention though as im also learning my new 976 and Ultra X13.
Yesterday, with the 976 selected in the harmonys "device" mode, i was able to bring up the OSD by touching the 950's "menu" button while watching a roku stick plugged into my Oppo. It paused the video, muted the audio, and OSD came on. I trimmed the sub down a notch and backed out of the OSD menu, video and audio returned.
Great - another reason not to fight with the Outlaw remote - except i have been unable to repeat that scenario again ! im sure i did something wrong!
Still dont know what the 950's swipe screen is all about ! Seems to pop up whenever it feels like it.

Im going to register in the harmony forum and learn all i can about this sweet little remote that doesnt care where i aim it !!
Speaking of which, there is an emitter on the underside of the 950 that means you can actually hold it upright to see what you are doing, while sending commands. Cool !!

I ordered the Harmony 950 to replace an aging Sony master remote. I was going to do that regardless. I hate to read that someone is spending more $ because a brand new products remote is -(how do i put this nicely) - inadequate !
Outlaw 976 Processor
Outlaw 755 amp for Center and all four surrounds
Adcom GFA 555II for Main L & R channels
Behringer EP4000 for two homemade subs
Outlaw Ultra X13 for REAL Sub Bass !
OPPO BDP103, Marantz CD63SE, Denon DP300F
2 Adcom ACE515s for AC current treatment
Newport Theater Director for AC distribution.
Speakers are all built by myself utilizing Dynaudio Drivers
Second room: Yamaha receiver, Musical fidelity X10D tubes, Carver C9 holographic pro.

#97657 - 01/22/18 01:34 PM Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? [Re: kiwiaudio]
drueb Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By kiwiaudio
The Harmony 950 has a learning curve and its taking me a while. Im not giving it my undivided attention though as im also learning my new 976 and Ultra X13.
Yesterday, with the 976 selected in the harmonys "device" mode, i was able to bring up the OSD by touching the 950's "menu" button while watching a roku stick plugged into my Oppo. It paused the video, muted the audio, and OSD came on. I trimmed the sub down a notch and backed out of the OSD menu, video and audio returned.
Great - another reason not to fight with the Outlaw remote - except i have been unable to repeat that scenario again ! im sure i did something wrong!
Still dont know what the 950's swipe screen is all about ! Seems to pop up whenever it feels like it.

Im going to register in the harmony forum and learn all i can about this sweet little remote that doesnt care where i aim it !!
Speaking of which, there is an emitter on the underside of the 950 that means you can actually hold it upright to see what you are doing, while sending commands. Cool !!

I ordered the Harmony 950 to replace an aging Sony master remote. I was going to do that regardless. I hate to read that someone is spending more $ because a brand new products remote is -(how do i put this nicely) - inadequate !

Agreed, not happy that I have had to resort to using a different remote due to inadequacies of the 976 remote...just very frustrated, and the wife is complaining about all the rules to get the 976 to function somewhat appropriately! Hopefully the Harmony will streamline things for me, and make it easier for the wife to turn on and watch TV regardless of the source...and we use a lot of sources!
JBL Studio 520C Center
2 JBL Sub 550P
Schitt Loki
Wire World RCA Cables

#97659 - 01/22/18 04:31 PM Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? [Re: drueb]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
I have an older model Harmony ONE which is at least 9 years old. I have it programmed to control both of my systems downstairs. It has a touch screen that allows anyone to control either system just by selecting what you want to do and then pointing it at the system.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM