Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#98900 - 07/03/20 09:53 PM remote for rr2160
fpefpe Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I could not turn on the 2160 with my remote --- I had to use the main buttons on the 2160 to turn it on --- I changed the batteries in the remote -- it seem to start to work but the vol + - buttons worked some of the time -- I even held the remote a few inches from the front panel and the volume did not move all the time. Is there a way to figure out what is wrong -- also where on the front panel is the sensor for the remote -- thanks

#99347 - 03/10/24 03:31 PM Re: remote for rr2160 [Re: fpefpe]
patm1198 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

i have the same issue, i called and was told i would have to send remote in to get repaired. i just wanted to purchase new one, Outlaw's answer was no. I went on line to a foreign company dvd-audio general. they said they have remotes that work. for 45.00 i received 3 remotes and that included freight, and the remote works. one issue is this remote is not labeled, so they give you a sheet and to be honest about it, i just use this to turn on and off and volume control which is the problem with the original, i do use the original to change inputs. this is a late answer but i just resolved my issue a few months ago and have been intentionally staying off this site because of grownups acting like bullies in high school over music. it a hobby not a matter of life and death. well that's my rant for this year. hope everyone has the rest of a happy 2024.

#99348 - 03/12/24 03:07 PM Re: remote for rr2160 [Re: fpefpe]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
The good thing about these remotes, they can be opened up easily. Not like most remotes that you'd have to pry apart with a crowbar.
The 976 uses the same remote design.
3 screws for the back cover, 8 screws on each side to pull apart the circuit board and expose the rubber button pad pieces (same small philips for all)---these button pads are what needs to be addressed!
Use some rubbing alcohol with Q-tip and wipe the specific button pads for the functions that you're having issues with. Usually the most used functions- power on/off, volume up/down and so.
Let the pads dry before reassembly; check for functionality. It is the oil from your fingers that seeps into the function contact pads. (yes, it happens to all of us) This is what you're cleaning off, to restore functionaliity.
Whatever you do, Do Not open up the battery compartment door while the remote is pulled apart!!!
There is a small door-hinge rod that will quite easily slip out from its place and most assuredly be lost in the abyss.

Edited by Helson (03/12/24 03:07 PM)

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts