Setup was a snap. Using with Iphone 5 and I pad mini.
I'd hoped to use with liv room receiver while iIphone charged in kitchen. It is a partial 8' high wall with large openings, 12' ceiling, 16' distance to BTR-100. Works ok if I don't stand by the unit or walk through the kitchen doorway, otherwise the signal is interrupted. I deleted the connection, restarted and nothing changed. Too bad.
My main interest was using it on my rear deck where I have a first-floor bedroom receiver powering the speakers, with a window next to the deck. I had to put it up on the window sill to get it to work, but the aluminum screen causes a lot of drop-outs. I removed the screen and the dropouts went away, unless I walked between the phone or Ipad and the BTR-100. This is at a distance of about 14 feet without any obstructions, and an uncased Ipad. It acts like line of sight in this instance. I saw where someone improved the performance by disabling wifi but I want to use my wifi, not my cell data, for pandora and sirius.
I can install a plastic screen, but it still looks like I'll have dropouts when people walk between the window and the table where the Ipad or Iphone sits. I am inclined to go back to a hardwire for this deck use, as I have in the living room.