Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#95096 - 05/05/15 01:47 PM my experience
pittpa Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: SW PA
Setup was a snap. Using with Iphone 5 and I pad mini.
I'd hoped to use with liv room receiver while iIphone charged in kitchen. It is a partial 8' high wall with large openings, 12' ceiling, 16' distance to BTR-100. Works ok if I don't stand by the unit or walk through the kitchen doorway, otherwise the signal is interrupted. I deleted the connection, restarted and nothing changed. Too bad.
My main interest was using it on my rear deck where I have a first-floor bedroom receiver powering the speakers, with a window next to the deck. I had to put it up on the window sill to get it to work, but the aluminum screen causes a lot of drop-outs. I removed the screen and the dropouts went away, unless I walked between the phone or Ipad and the BTR-100. This is at a distance of about 14 feet without any obstructions, and an uncased Ipad. It acts like line of sight in this instance. I saw where someone improved the performance by disabling wifi but I want to use my wifi, not my cell data, for pandora and sirius.
I can install a plastic screen, but it still looks like I'll have dropouts when people walk between the window and the table where the Ipad or Iphone sits. I am inclined to go back to a hardwire for this deck use, as I have in the living room.

#95707 - 02/12/16 03:13 PM Re: my experience [Re: pittpa]
Lowman Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I too have had nothing but connection problems with this unit. I bought two of them and have the same issue with both.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM