Let me start out by stating I'm a believer of not investing a ton of money into HT processors. $9,000 for a McIntosh HT processor...you're joking right?!?!? I invest more of my $'s in speakers and amplification. Which, btw, I have owned may ATI amps and have loved them!

I owned 3 different Emotiva UMC-1's. Simple to use...but....they were PURE garbage. All 3 never worked correctly. Image drop out issues, volume problems, didn't interface with my projector, taking 5 seconds or so to lock in on a signal, customer service never calling me back (2 different times), etc. etc..... My experience with the unit and Emotiva was SO bad, I would never purchase another "Emo" product again. Emotiva (ANY company for that matter) should have been ashamed releasing a product with so many problems and btw, no "real" instructions!

Look, I know Outlaw has had their own issues developing a processor. Just the fact they actually took their time and thought-out the 975 is a blessing. Heck, they even posted an instruction manual prior to releasing the unit, I give them kudos.

Sorry for flaming Emo. Just being honest. My experience with the UMC-1 and "Big Dan" and the gang was terrible. I posted my experience on the Emo forum and they removed it - they couldn't take the criticism. Funny thing, I received well over 20 private messages from other UMC-1 owners agreeing with me on how Emo handled the execution of the UMC-1. It sucked.

I'm looking forward to inserting an easy to use, hopefully "bug free" 975 Outlaw processor in my HT system to replace my aging Pioneer Elite Receiver.

Edited by J Wags (11/23/12 09:15 AM)