It started innocently enough. Those here who have watched me go ‘on and on’ might remember. All I wanted was just one little subwoofer for ‘himself’ for Christmas. Just one T- tiny subwoofer. (I’m trying to make myself feel better right now).

But I decided to buy him a ‘set’. Then I thought I think its about time he should upgrade that old PL receiver so he could get DD and DTS out of all those DVD’s he had. I found this model I’m interested in for him, but I have to just ‘tell’ him about it at Christmas and how I’m on this waiting list and it will come (eventually). And while I’m on this waiting list, just killing time and demoing the competition, hmmmm….new improved sound system and all that coming along, - well that old 27” just does not look big enough any more. How bout a 40” plasma. Nope, he sees 60incher, he falls in love with 60inches. So it’s a 60”. But It’s bigger…..and the rooms little. He says he wants it in the CORNER. The back is beveled on this display , - it will fit in the corner, he wants it in the corner………..but no one makes a stand to PUT it in the corner. I’ll hire it done…..whoops the guy we like just retired….. Okay, ‘himself’ does not have the time (he is gearing up to start his ‘major project’) and we’ve looked for months, I’m ready to buy the nice looking rectangle, - no-one makes a triangle shaped base! But he says no. SO several nights ago my x-cabinet maker husband comes home and spends 30 min a night BUILDING something in the garage. I’m very excited …the next time the water heater blows up and floods we will not be in danger of losing the display which is sitting right on an oak floor.

SO last night I go down to the garage where he is fabricating trim pieces. He’s using a safety stick to ‘push’ the oak through the table saw and he looks at one of the kids who just asked him a question and the safety stick does a kick back. Something like 500 miles an hour right in the middle of the inside of his forearm,…between the wrist and elbow. Blood is everywhere, we put a pressure tourniquet on it, and fly to the hospital….I don’t KNOW how bad it is, I never really saw it till we got there. Every doctor and aid on the floor last night came in to ‘look’ at what he’d done. They thought it was better than a cadaver. They said in every anatomy class they had ever been enrolled in they had never taken the meat off the muscle so cleanly!!!!. And there it was 6 inches of muscle exposed perfectly, the sheath of blue-gray membrane, which covers and protects the muscle was not even cut damaged or torn,…they said he was a perfect filet! And Look at the nerves and veins running to the side. Perfect anatomy lesson!!!. (I had to sit down twice….I admired it greatly with them but things got strangely HOT in that room).

The moral of my story is, when your wife comes up to you and states. Honey, I got your subwoofer for Christmas…..RUN……

He's going to be fine, he was VERY lucky…no tendons, major nerves, arteries…He faints at the sight of blood but he went to work today ….(he should NOT have). I cant’ get over it though…I’m feeling so guilty…