Greetings, gunslingers! I've been away from the Saloon (and the online AV scene in general) for a while now, but wanted to stop by and check in. I hope to do a little trouble-shooting in my system over the holidays and may be in the market for some new hardware, so I'll be hanging around here a bit more soon.

I haven't been around much lately, mostly because work and family have been getting in the way. My responsibilities at the office have been changing over the last six years or so, particularly over the last couple of years, and this year we had some extra stuff going on (migration to a new software package and one of the biggest projects, possibly the biggest, in our company's 65+ year history) that I was heavily involved in. We are still working on the project, but a couple weeks ago we got a major set of deliverables out the door. (For at glimpse of what I've been doing, this image and this image are taken from the building information modeling software we're using, showing just the HVAC components that are in the models - all of which I built in the model during the second half of the year. Our office also did power, lighting, fire alarm, fire protection, and plumbing, but I did the HVAC design and drafting.) Since then, I've been trying to clear out some of the backlog of other work that has accumulated and getting ready for the holidays. I don't expect to post as frequently as in some years past, but I hope to be around a bit more regularly than I have been in the last couple of years.