I am new to much of this so bear with me if the questions seem a bit on the dumb side. I want to put together a system that will be used for both home theater and for listening to music. I went to crutchfield and they demoed some lsi9s. I know that they were being pushed by an amp and preamp but I don't know the specifics. At any rate the sound was great. Crutchfield tried to say that the speakers would work with one of their Denon receivers that cost around $1,000. When they hooked up the Denon to the speakers, it just was not the same sound. It was not even close. Based on my research that followed I found the Outlaw site. I am now convinced that at least part of my system will consist of some outlaw products. I know that everyone has different tastes in terms of what works for their ear. With that having been said, I can only say that the original LSi9s with the amp and preamp had a very clean crystal clear sound to them. When they used the Denon reciever the sound became more dull. I am looking for a system that when playing music will have that clear sounding feel to it. For two speakers and an outlaw receiver or (amp and preamp), can this be done for less than $3,000?? I want the system to work for home theater so I know that I will need more than the two speakers that I mentioned. I am simply tryihg use the two speakers as a base line starting point. The music not the home theater would be my primary interest. If this can't be done for $3,000, does anybody have any suggestions as to speakers and the specific Outlaw product to push the speakers. Feel free to make suggestions at a higher price if you feel that a significantly better sound can be had with $500 more or even $1,000 more. I am obviously not an audiophile but I want something that is a bit more than the sound coming out of the $800 - $1,200 systems at crutchfield and circuit city. I would be grateful for all suggestions.