I did a search and found some information, but it didn't answer my question directly, so here goes........

I have Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD player, and an Outlaw Audio 1050 receiver. Both units allow me to set the speakers to large or small for bass managment.

The Pioneer manual says that the large/small selection only affects the 5.1 analog outs (for DVD-A, SACD). This setting has no effect on the digital output for regular CD's and DVD's. I do have the 5.1 analog outs hooked up and I use it. One of my questions is, what is the crossover frequency of this setting? If I set the main speakers to Small, at what frequency threshold does the signal get diverted to the sub? The manual makes no mention of this. So it got me wondering, does the concept of crossover frequency even come into play? Maybe whatever is recorded on the .1 track of the 5.1 material, is ported to the sub regardless of the frequency (which will only be LFE material anyway). Does any one know?

The other question is: The Pioneer allows me to set the Mains to Large and have the sub turned on. Does this mean that all information, the 5 and the .1 of 5.1, will be sent to the mains AND the .1 will be sent to the sub?

Maybe I have to ask Pioneer, but that doesn't seem so easy to do, so I'll see if you guys know.

Thanks