Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#17390 - 01/30/08 04:43 AM MX-500 and Onkyo SR800 Descrete Codes
countryboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Harper, Kansas
I'm looking for the descrete Power On and Power Off codes for a Onkyo HT-SR800 so I can program them to a cinema 7 and then learn to a MX-500, does anyone know where I can get them?

I'm trying to program my mom's surround system consisting of a Onkyo SR800, Mit WD57732, Mit vcr, Dish receiver and a Panasonic cd. I've been looking for descrete Power On and Power Off codes for each of these but as of now I don't have any that I know for sure will work. If I can't find them all maybe the two most important might be for the Onkyo av receiver and the Mit tv.

Anyway I need to setup the MX-500 so I can turn on and off the Mit tv and Onkyo receiver at the same time since the audio's ran through the latter so I assume I could use a Power On macro and a Power Off macro with the remote's two power buttons. Since I would loose those two buttons for toggling on and off her other two devices (vcr and dvd) what's the best way to do this?

Should I even think about having the Power On and Power Off macros turn all her equipment on and off even though she wouldn't be using the vcr and dvd (Dish receiver is left on) most of the time? I'm trying to make this be the easiest for my mom to use.

#17391 - 01/30/08 05:24 AM Re: MX-500 and Onkyo SR800 Descrete Codes
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Unfortunately I don't really know much about the Onkyo receiver. I'm guessing that you've checked Remote Central for some files like this. Do the input commands serve as discrete "on" commands? If so, you can always rig up a discrete off command by combining an input command (thus guaranteeing that the unit is on) with the power on/off command.

I used the MX-500's M1 and M2 macros for power on and power off macros. It worked well and was easy for my wife to remember. You can also create some extra buttons on each device as a safety measure - such as "TV ON" on the Dish device in case the TV gets turned off (or doesn't get turned on) somewhere along the way...

#17392 - 01/30/08 02:28 PM Re: MX-500 and Onkyo SR800 Descrete Codes
countryboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Harper, Kansas
No the input commands don't work as a power on like the Outlaw.

So you think using M1 and M2 would be less confusing than using the power button macros for an older person like my mom (76),she needs things very simple?

#17393 - 01/30/08 07:11 PM Re: MX-500 and Onkyo SR800 Descrete Codes
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If you use the "ON" and "OFF" buttons, I think that you'll need to stick a "POWER" button on each device's screens. As for which is easier (the ON and OFF or the M1 and M2 being global macros), that probably depends on the person. I'll suggest that, especially without discrete codes, you have some fall-back commands on each device screen ("TV ON" and so forth) in case the macro is out of sync with equipment states or part of the macro is missed because the emitter gets blocked.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts