Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#16240 - 09/26/06 06:16 PM Mega CD Player vs ipod
freefall Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: michigan
I pulled the trigger on a 7125, will use my yammy rx-v2400 as a preamp for now, Here is my question, I need info on a good Mega cd player which holds at least 200 disk or more, Im currently using my ipod as a cd player but the ipod is going bad on me, freezing ect, it's old and if it dies I loose all my music, dont have the energy to re-burn all my music to itunes on my puter, ipod songs not on my new puter, old puter died hard and I lost everything, So info on a good Mega cd player is needed, also it is possible to put songs back onto a laptop from a ipod?? I heard yes and no.

Thanx so much
Freefall-Fast (Pull or Die)

#16241 - 09/26/06 11:08 PM Re: Mega CD Player vs ipod
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I haven't ever payed too much attention to mega-changers, and they've generally not been considered the domain of really top-notch players. Since you can simply pipe the digital output to your Yamaha (or the 990 you were considering, if you make that move down the road), you really just need a decent transport, though, so I'd expect that any of the Sony or Pioneer mega-changers would be safe choices. Probably the biggest question there is how good the user interface is when it comes to trying to find a specific disc in the changer. Some of the mega-changers allow you to plug in a computer keyboard to help enter artists and disc titles more easily, which would help with the disc management. The Sony and Pioneer Elite changers both include keyboard support.

iTunes does not support copying files from an iPod to a computer, but I did find a couple links indicating that it can be done. This article seemed like a particularly good resource.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts