Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#16193 - 08/21/06 12:30 PM Need help with setup functions on components
audio newbie Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Houston
I have a couple of questions regarding the setup functions between the AVR, DVD and the TV.

This first question is the speaker’s setup function on both of the DVD player and the AVR. They both have the ability to set the speakers large or small. So which of the setup will be the default one when playing DVD or other sources?

The second question is the video setup functions on the TV and the DVD player. They both have the ability to change the brightness, contrast, HUE, etc…My question here is which of these setting will be the default setting when I watch DVD or other sources?

Thanks for your help

#16194 - 08/21/06 01:15 PM Re: Need help with setup functions on components
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The DVD player's setup features only affect the player's multichannel analog output. You can disregard the player's speaker settings in most cases. The only time you need to worry about the player's settings is if you are using the multichannel analog output (DVD-Audio or SACD discs, for example), in which case you'll need to figure out what your receiver does for bass management on the multichannel analog input. If you have an Outlaw 1070, for example, you can take care of the bass management at the receiver even for the multichannel analog input, in which case you'd probably want to leave the player's bass management and channel calibration settings disabled (all speakers "large," sub "on," speaker trim settings at 0dB, and distances at 0 feet).

The best bet is to leave the DVD players settings at their default and calibrate the display using a test disc such as AVIA or Digital Video Essentials. Since the TV will be used with other video sources, it's the one that is in greatest need of adjustment. In some cases, you may find that you want to make small adjustments to the video settings on the TV to work better with other sources, in which case you can also make some adjustments at the DVD player so DVD's still look right.

#16195 - 08/21/06 02:59 PM Re: Need help with setup functions on components
audio newbie Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Houston
Thanks gonk, I’m starting to understand to concept now.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM