Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#16121 - 08/02/06 09:14 PM Review of Monster Cable Home Theater and Lighting Controller 300 universal remote
BloggingITGuy Offline
Desperado

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon
If anyone is interested, I recently posted a review on my blog of the new Monster Cable 300 universal remote.

Here's the address:

http://itmanager.blogs.com/notes/2006/07/one_remote_to_r.html

And for disclosure's sake, I got the remote and two lighting modules from Monster (my friend is one of the product leads for the remote group) with the understanding that I'd blog about it, but I tried to be as fair and impartial as I could.

Let me know what you think of the review or if you'd like to see me cover any other aspects of the remote that I might have missed.

Regards,

Alex

#16122 - 08/02/06 09:42 PM Re: Review of Monster Cable Home Theater and Lighting Controller 300 universal remote
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Interesting write-up. I hadn't heard about this remote. From your review, I get the impression that the 300 is based on Harmony/Logitech hardware with a housing and key layout developed for Monster. It that correct? Also, I'm curious about that navigation pad - it looks like the transport keys are arranged around a "pointing stick" type navigation thing. How easy is it to hit select without navigating in a direction?

#16123 - 08/02/06 09:58 PM Re: Review of Monster Cable Home Theater and Lighting Controller 300 universal remote
BloggingITGuy Offline
Desperado

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon
You are correct, from what I understand it's based on the 890, I do believe.

Yes, it is arranged around the pointing stick, which is fairly easy to click on for Select without going in a direction. The one problem we are having now with it is that we accidentally hit it to the left sometimes when watching TV and we need to go back on our DirecTivo.

Still all in all I like it...at least enough that I don't want to give it back smile

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts