Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#15829 - 04/19/06 03:38 AM It's the Little Things
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I need to commend the Outlaws for a couple of minor things in my recent purchase of a 7125 and cables to go with my 1050.

This was my first foray into the world of separates and when I ordered, Scott (or was it Steve? I thought it was Scott but all of a sudden I can't remember confused !) actually gave me some good (and unsolicited) advice about separate amps that I would not have known had he not mentioned it. Now I'm not sure if he knew I was a first timer because he recalled my recent posts on the forum (he seemed to recognize my screen name and commented on how long I'd been a forum member), or if he's just talked to enough people like me to simply know. Either way, this was very much appreciated for a first time buyer.

Second, how nice are the tie wraps Outlaw uses to bind their coiled cables? I've never even seen tie wraps with protective tubing around them, and I've seen a lot of tie wraps!

These were both very nice touches which could easily not have been there at all. If they weren't, most likely I would not have even noticed and I still would have been content with my service. The fact that they were really shows that this company cares about their customers and has left me very happy, instead of merely content.

Thanks, Outlaw! laugh

#15830 - 04/20/06 01:01 AM Re: It's the Little Things
rmilewsk Offline
Gunslinger

so what was the advice?

#15831 - 04/20/06 01:42 AM Re: It's the Little Things
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Sorry. I guess I should have said. I didn't mention it as I felt kind of silly not knowing, but I suppose if I didn't know, I'm probably not alone. wink

If you're going to get behind the amp and start rearranging/disconnecting things, wait for a couple minutes after unplugging it. The capacitors take a while to dissipate their energy and you could easily discharge that energy in an unintentional manner if you don't wait. It probably mentions that in the manual somewhere as well (even though I didn't notice it), but I sure appreciated having it pointed out to me.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts