So, I was running my Denon 3805 through the Auto-EQ features today to get it ready to compare for when I install the new speaker wire (how long will it take me, who knows? :-) ). The first time everything went as planned, but being an engineer I planned on running the program 3 times or so just to see the differences between times. So, anyway it comes up as an error the 2nd time due to the phase of the surround speakers. I am thinking, what the hell is this? I check the speaker connections, and all is well. So I run the program several more times, all failures for phase error. Phase error in the manual means check polarity (which I was thinking, there is no way that i have the positive and negative leads of wire reversed). Well I didn't have the plus to the minus, but I decided to pull off the grilles and give the speakers a once over. I am looking at the dipole/bipole switch (Polk F/X 1000s), and low and behold one of the switches is turned to bipole!!!! It has been a long time (years I know) since I have messed with that switch, so all that time I have been listening to one bipole and one dipole surround speaker. It is a mystery as to how it got put in the wrong position, and weird that I never noticed... Anyway, I turned the knob back to dipole and voila no more errors. Just me feeling foolish. Lol.