Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13654 - 09/06/04 08:21 PM Outlaw Ordering Web site
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
I love Outlaw products, and own many of them. I am a regular member of this forum and enjoy the many benefits of this company.

However, I have to complain about their ordering web site. I find it almost impossible to believe that it has not changed since it was first created. I spent the years, patiently waiting for the non-beta site to appear, but it never did. You would think that a company that prides itself on quality would at least have a web site that was on par with the rest of the world. I only mention this as a concerned party who only wants better products at a fair price. I really think Outlaw can do better.

I mean there isn't even a button to press that will allow you to use the same shipping address as the billing address. You have to type the same information in twice.

Please, you're an internet only company, get up to speed!

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#13655 - 09/06/04 10:46 PM Re: Outlaw Ordering Web site
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by MeanGene:
I love Outlaw products... I really think Outlaw can do better. Please, you're an internet only company, get up to speed!

Great post... I agree. Outlaw has a simple website, but considering the quality of their products, the ordering page is very crude. They could make their product ordering page(s) more elegant, while avoiding the slick marketing traps (shopping carts, etc) used by audio equipment resellers.

The perception of many (potential) customers may be that Outlaw is less, instead of a more able and a more dependable company in the market. I believe that the evolution of the Outlaw Logo, and the refinement of the new product designs are representative of Outlaw's maturing, while maintaining their integrity. The website ordering page should evolve too.

For those who continue to wish Outlaw growth and success, improvement of the product ordering pages would be a natural and obvious step in the right direction.

Allan

#13656 - 09/07/04 01:59 AM Re: Outlaw Ordering Web site
Bob045 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Agreed with both of the above statements. A bit of simple HTML coding and some ( simple again ) javascript would bring the site along to a more positive image. The fact that the gear itself is excellent and most people are pleased with it speaks for itself. However a slightly more " professional " website, would be an inexpensive investment that would pay off rather quickly.

#13657 - 09/07/04 09:27 AM Re: Outlaw Ordering Web site
admin Offline

Gunslinger

Outlaw's new web order processing system has been under development for some time, and is about to be released within the next week or so. It will not only address the above-mentioned items, but will also have a host of features that are common and expected on most modern retail sites. Thank you for your continued patronage as we update our system.

#13658 - 09/07/04 05:03 PM Re: Outlaw Ordering Web site
Bob045 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
As usual Outlaw is on the ball. Heh, I read that admin message as " Well since you mentioned the web site needing a facelift, here you go, smart guy(s) "

Perhaps we should have kept our electronic yaps shut....

#13659 - 09/08/04 02:00 AM Re: Outlaw Ordering Web site
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob045:
... Heh, I read that admin message as " Well since you mentioned the web site needing a facelift, here you go, smart guy(s) "

Perhaps we should have kept our electronic yaps shut....

MeanGene was correct, and it shows that his view was shared by the Outlaws. I am confident that many suggestions and comments made in the Saloon are read by the Outlaws, and become topics of development meetings.

People like MeanGene who provide constructive comments are very valuable to the Outlaws, and we all benefit by this discourse.

Allan

#13660 - 09/08/04 09:06 PM Re: Outlaw Ordering Web site
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
I had made a similar suggestion a long while back and recently after trying to order a couple of cables on line and having the web page fail me multiple times over multiple days I figured I should say something. I don't know if it's XP SP2 or what, but I was sure the Outlaws would rather hear my rant than deal with continued lost sales. Also, would like to say that the Outlaw staff does answer the phone if you need it.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#13661 - 09/08/04 11:07 PM Re: Outlaw Ordering Web site
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

Now if we could only convince them to open a Canadian distribution / repair operation.

Jeff Mackwood

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts