Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#12326 - 01/10/04 11:47 AM Bass Control??
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
Well Outlaws I just moved from the relm of renter to home owner and need some advice. Me and my Wife just went together with her parents and bought a dual 3 bedroom duplex. I'm planing on expanding my living room buy about 5 feet(its just to small right now)by moving a wall and making a bedroom smaller. I'll be using that for a computer room/office. When I put up the new wall I was thinking of using 3/4" MDF instead of sheetrock to stop the Bass from traveling to my inlaws side of the duplex. I also plan to put a door(sealed exterior type)between the living room and the hall that leads to the bedrooms and other half of the duplex. Will this be enough to stop the BASS from shaking my inlaws out of bed? What will the MDF do to the room acustics? Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance
Lasher

#12327 - 01/10/04 07:48 PM Re: Bass Control??
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Buy this:

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0...=glance&s=books

and read....

It does a pretty good job of breaking down acoustics into a general users (abusers) level. Once you learn the theory behind what you're asking, the book will also give you ideas on where to start. Good luck!!

#12328 - 01/12/04 10:45 AM Re: Bass Control??
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Lasher:

Please be careful. Most likely even where you live, the building code will not allow MDF board to be used as part of wall assembly due to its combustibility. You want to use gypsum board but proven assembly that gives required sound insulation. There are many combinations available. I’d suggest getting a professional opinion first even if you do the construction work yourself. You want this to work at first attempt because nothing is more frustrating than having to tear down the wall you’ve just put up and do it over.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts