Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#10606 - 10/29/02 03:38 AM JASON ANGRY!!!!
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
GRRRRRRR!!!!

JASON ANGRY!

I'm slowly building up a "respectable" dvd collection and I'm building a listing of movies based on numerous "TOP 100" lists. All and all I've had very good luck with a number of titles. But there are a few things that have realy gotten me mad! >

1. Chriteron DVDs...the "new releases" are fairly reasonable. But if you want to pick up a Hitchcock flick it's going to set you back $30-$40 a pop. Even more a copy of Sparticus will wind up costing me close to $50! I mean the SE of Lawerence of Arabia is only $30. Why is a copy of Charade going to set me back an extra $15?

2. Being it's halloween, I wanted to pick up the Classic Universal Monster Movies (Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon.) I know they released them a little over a year ago. But they stopped making them...and I cant find a single one in my stores in town. The I know Disney has this practice, but I can forgive them...they are the embodyment of evil after all.... >

3. Fantasia. (the orginal 1940 version) Looks HORRIBLE!!! I have horendous artifacting on my copy. It looks AWEFUL. I compaired it to F2000 and it's no contest. Snow white, a film three years older(1937), looks far better then this.

GRRR...

Jason

#10607 - 10/29/02 04:12 PM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally posted by fmcorps:
GRRRRRRR!!!!
JASON ANGRY!

Calm down, it'll be alright....
Quote:

1. Chriteron DVDs...the "new releases" are fairly reasonable. But if you want to pick up a Hitchcock flick it's going to set you back $30-$40 a pop. Even more a copy of Sparticus will wind up costing me close to $50! I mean the SE of Lawerence of Arabia is only $30. Why is a copy of Charade going to set me back an extra $15?

Try http://www.dvdpricesearch.com they didn't list sparticus but Charade was available for $25 not $50.
Quote:

2. Being it's halloween, I wanted to pick up the Classic Universal Monster Movies (Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon.) I know they released them a little over a year ago. But they stopped making them...and I cant find a single one in my stores in town. The I know Disney has this practice, but I can forgive them...they are the embodyment of evil after all.... >

Same here price search found Bride of Frankenstein for $18.53
Quote:

3. Fantasia. (the orginal 1940 version) Looks HORRIBLE!!! I have horendous artifacting on my copy. It looks AWEFUL. I compaired it to F2000 and it's no contest. Snow white, a film three years older(1937), looks far better then this.

Can't help here.

#10608 - 10/30/02 01:58 AM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:

Try http://www.dvdpricesearch.com they didn't list sparticus but Charade was available for $25 not $50.

GRR...JASON FEELING BETTER...CALMER...calmer...calmer....ah. Better now, much better.

Quote:

Same here price search found Bride of Frankenstein for $18.53

Hmmm...not able to find any universal monser pics on web site...but did find dracula on e-bay. Feeling better.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

Can't help here.[/B]

(starts turning green)
GRRRAAAA! JASON GETTING ANGRY!!! JASON SMASH!!!!

JASON SMASH DISNEY AND POOR DVD TRANSFER PRACTICES!!!

GRRAA!!!

#10609 - 10/30/02 09:08 AM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
DON'T get mad but....

Price search displayed several vendors selling bride of frankenstein such as buy.com however I didn't check that they had it in stock and they did not. The last company did have it in stock for $30 and it says only one per customer since the movie is out of print. I don't know if I trust the company I have never used them.
http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/affiliate/member/319/8.asp?page=product.asp& sku=D15632

[This message has been edited by desperado (edited October 30, 2002).]

#10610 - 10/30/02 01:03 PM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
JASON ANGRY!
'Friday the 13th' score playing in the background.
GRRRAAAA! JASON GETTING ANGRY!!! JASON SMASH!!!!
Exiting forum

#10611 - 10/30/02 02:27 PM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
/\

Just a bad dream?

[This message has been edited by steves (edited November 01, 2002).]

#10612 - 10/30/02 04:06 PM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Dude! What is that?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts