Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13767 - 09/15/04 11:12 PM mount/stands for Atlantic Technology 245SR
jeffdavis Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
I have a pair of Atlantic Technology 254 SR surround speakers that I picked up and would like to add as rear speakers in a 7.1 setup. I did not get the wall mounts with them and would need to get either stands or wall mount hardware to get them in place. Leaning toward stands, but wall mounts would also be acceptable.

- Is anybody using these with other than their included hardware?
- Any recommendations on wall mounts or stands that these could be used with? They are about 8 lb/ea and are 9.5"x10.5"x6" (w x h x d).

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile

#13768 - 09/16/04 09:49 AM Re: mount/stands for Atlantic Technology 245SR
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Try www.partsexpress.com
They have stands and all kinds of wall mounting brackets. I think it’s ideal to place surround speakers about 3 feet above your listening height (ears) which makes wall mounting more desirable for its cleaner look.

#13769 - 09/17/04 08:31 AM Re: mount/stands for Atlantic Technology 245SR
jeffdavis Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
Spiker,
Thanks for your quick response. I'd like to put the rear surrounds as you you've pointed out, but with the layout of my room, oddly placed doors, window, and cutout, it would make it difficult to do so without suspending the speakers from the ceiling. I'm considering selling the house within the year, so I'm less inclined to do ceiling mounting. Stands would give me greater placement flexibility, especially if I could find some stands that would also give me the height needed to get the sound right.
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile

#13770 - 09/17/04 09:34 AM Re: mount/stands for Atlantic Technology 245SR
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Jeff,

if you are handy at woodworking, or know someone who is, why not build your own? I had a friend build a pair of oak stands for my surround speakers that have served very well for the past 7-8 years. My wife did not want anything hanging from the walls, so these solved that and allow me to move them around if need be. I attached keyhole brackets to back of the speakers, which mount to a screwhead that protrudes from a horizontal crossmember at the top of the two vertical support pieces. The tops of the speakers rise a few inches above this
x-member so you cannot see the stand from the front of the speaker. The speakers are about 5 1/2 feet off the floor, parralel to the main seating position, both speakers firing toward each other. I've had a few child-related mis-haps along the way(kids love to stand on the bases or grab the uprights) and I had to "re-assemble" one stand, that was knocked over, using a power drill and misc. wood screws I had in my tool box (they were originally only glued together)! My point is, I could design a stand that suited my needs better than anything that was on the market.

#13771 - 09/17/04 09:56 AM Re: mount/stands for Atlantic Technology 245SR
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Jeff:

They also have taller stands at Parts Express. Click on “Pro Sound” at the top and you’ll see it.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 111 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM