Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13753 - 09/09/04 03:09 PM Help me cope... ;-)
rmeredit Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Parker, Colorado, USA
My receiver (s* es) is dying and I need a new one. I promised myself I would hold out for the 1070 but am having serious thoughts about getting a something different that I can get my hands on now. My current pos hardly works at this point. I need to fight the urge - just can't seem to shake this feeling. I have acute new receiveritis of the outlaw type.

-rob

#13754 - 09/09/04 03:22 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Smack self in face.

Ok, what are you drooling over so badly that you need it now? You'll be keeping this thing for years, so what's a bit longer of a wait?

#13755 - 09/09/04 03:43 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
rmeredit Offline
Gunslinger

Well, I don't have the exact one in mind. It's just that my current receiver is dying & I usually watch TONS of movies during the holiday season & don't know how I'm going to put up w/ the constant popping & cutting out of my current one. I have wanted an outlaw receiver for a couple of years but kept holding off until this one is dead. Now, it's dead but I can't get one! I think I need to lay down ;-)

#13756 - 09/09/04 04:04 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Breathe......in, breeeeathe out!
Now, if you must satisfy your primal instincts, get an el-cheapo KLH or something used for now...say,under $150, so by the time the 1070 comes out, you will not have made a large investment and will be ready to "upgrade". You could then use the cheap receiver for your kid's college dorm or something!

#13757 - 09/09/04 04:10 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
rmeredit Offline
Gunslinger

I may do something like that. My wife is complaining a lot b/c we just spent 3.6k this weekend on a new DLP & she can't enjoy her watching b/c of the lack of audio... A good problem to have, especially when you want an upgrade anyway. I can't believe it's going to be Jan until I can get it.

Oh well, I think I'll pick up an el-cheapo until then. That could be the medicine needed to repress the symptoms.

-rob

#13758 - 09/09/04 04:31 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Phew!!! Another disaster averted. This was too close for comfort....I'm glad to have been there for you in your moment of weakness! 3.6k....Cheese'n rice Batman!!

#13759 - 09/09/04 05:28 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
could be pesos, not dollars... muhaha. what about getting your pos fixed? could be cheap... probably better to spend 100 on a newer pos though.

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#13760 - 09/09/04 06:24 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
Depending on what is failing on the s* es receiver (what are the sysmptoms?), there is the old-fashioned option of fixing it.

What the heck, if you mess it up for good, you can at least say you tried and sell the remains on e-bay for someone to use as pieces-parts for projects. From e-bay, I bought a Crown K1 amp that was reported to be not working. For $200, I KNEW I was going to get some nice parts, such as the main power transformer. I wound up doing a trivial fix on the K1, and it works fine.

So see if you, or a buddy, can fix the receiver. Hey, if you do, and you still want a new one, you now have something working to sell.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts