Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13540 - 07/12/04 01:30 PM vinyl to cd
threers Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: vienna, va usa
My wife totalled her van and the tape deck with it. It is amazing that a mere dent (from a light post that was invisible to her due to the fact that I neglected to replace a broken rear view mirror and thus am partly to be blamed for the accident) in a rear door and bumper would total a minivan that only has 70k miles even if it is 10 model years old. Anyway, we now need to make cd's rather than tapes of out-of-print LP's. Since, it's being played in a car, the audio quality only need to be as good as a car sound system -- it will be a "premium" system but not a fancy "aftermarket" job.

What is the best approach for this?

#13541 - 07/12/04 02:31 PM Re: vinyl to cd
jmartin Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
I use a Denon CDR 1500 to make copies from LP's and the occasional tape. You may be able to find a CD copier able to inface with your reciever/processor that is on sale on the internet. I got this unit marked down from $600 to $249 at Good Guys because it has been discontinued.

I don't know how to interface a Phonograph to a computer w/o an independant phono preamp, but some soundcards can take analog tape RCA inputs and copy the sound onto your hard drive- to make a CDR. This is very "low fi"

#13542 - 07/12/04 02:33 PM Re: vinyl to cd
jmartin Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
I use a Denon CDR 1500 to make copies from LP's and the occasional tape. You may be able to find a CD copier able to interface with your reciever/processor that is on sale on the internet. I got this unit marked down from $600 to $249 at Good Guys because it has been discontinued. It makes wonderful copies!

I don't know how to interface a Phonograph to a computer w/o an independent phono preamp, but some soundcards can take analog tape RCA inputs and copy the sound onto your hard drive- to make a CDR. This is very "low fi"

#13543 - 07/12/04 02:54 PM Re: vinyl to cd
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Go to Froogle on the Google web page and type in "phono, usb".
You'll get links to many items that allow you to plug a turntable into your computer to record LP's or whatever you want to dub.
I haven't done it, but that's where I would
start looking.

------------------
The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is 42. But what IS the Question?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts