Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#12007 - 10/23/03 10:06 AM DVD-A/SACD Question?
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
I have been looking for information on dvd-a and sacd(thinking about getting one)but can't find out who's really controling the standard. What I meen is if you buy a regular dvd the sound is Dolby Labs or DTS. Who sets the standard for dvd-a and sacd? Is it just the guy mixing it at the time or is there some kind of quality control? It kind of sounds like the old Quadrophonic Stereos(even remembering that makes me feel old ) Is this the same type of idea? Any input?

Lasher

#12008 - 10/23/03 10:33 AM Re: DVD-A/SACD Question?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
There is no real overall "quality control" if you mean a guy who listens to all releases and kicks them back to the people doing the recording if he thinks it isn't up to snuff. In this sense they are no different than CDs or LPs for that matter - there are good and bad recordings depending on any number of factors.

The basic sound difference between the two formats is nil. Both can sound fantastic with the right material, and of course both are capable of multi channel music reproduction. Sony is the main proponent of SACD, since they developed the format.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts