Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#11888 - 09/13/03 09:34 AM Officially an Outlaw......I'm an Excitable Boy!
daddy_guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Redwood City, Ca USA
I finally made the plunge, sold all of my old equipment (thank you, eBay...) and bought the 950/755 combo ( will use my trusty, old Fosgate 4100 amp for rear surrounds). So, I've got a lot of work ahead, setting everything up.
Was all delivered Thu. night. I also bought a "refurbished" Denon DVD3800 for my new system last week at a very good price. WOW!!! An incredible player (especially at that price..) but, 6 days after receiving DVD player, noticed a slight problem (started freezing now and then for a few seconds....randomly...a common problem with certain older build dates..a faulty laser pick-up..)So, needs to be sent in to the shop for repairs!!!!Took a chance, was such an incredible deal, and now a minor setback...so now I must wait for the DVD player to be returned to hook everything up!! But what a picture!! It is the best I've ever seen!!!I.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e!!! Worth the extra hassle.....
I am going to try using Outlaws PSC cables for the digital audio runs from DVD and....aarrggh....my old Laserdisc player (Pioneer LD-704)......
Using my Yamaha CX-2 pre-amp for its Phono output....a pretty good old analog pre-amp, with an especially fine phono stage. But I needed the 950. Had to have it. All the latest goodies at an unbelievable price. Just what I have been searching for. Really wanted to get the new Fosgate FAP-T1 pre-amp (I am a Fosgate freak), but comparing the 2 units made me think twice about spending $3,000 for a souped up version of what appears to be a similar unit with the Outlaw 950....The 755 Amp seemed to be a no brainer....needed to have the beast!!
So, I have finally joined the 21st century!!! Now, where to begin.......
I am so lost...all this new equipment is so versatile...so many set-up options...I am a little frightened and overwhelmed with it all!!
Guess it's never to late to step out of the stone age. The Outlaws went out of their way to help me, especially after a few computer glitches with my order......really nice people. Or should I say real people...who are extra nice.......
I will probably need some help in the weeks to come from the rest of you Outlaws out there......your experience is invaluable. I finally feel like I have joined the extended Outlaw family!!
Happy, happy, I'm an "Excitable Boy".....As an old Outlaw we will sadly miss once sang. Warren Zevon was truly an original rock and roll Outlaw.......I will miss his twisted and humorous songs.......
Love my new equipment, and becoming an OUTLAW!!

#11889 - 09/14/03 04:30 AM Re: Officially an Outlaw......I'm an Excitable Boy!
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
Welcome and ask away. You'll find the answers here, for sure.

Note: You'll probably get quicker answers if you post in the 950 forum.

After you get the interconnects and speaker connections made, you'll just walk through the menu to configure and calibrate your system and start rockin'.

Be sure to feed back your thoughts after you're set up, and...enjoy!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts