I purchased this upper-end soundbar and have had it installed in my living room for more than 30-days now. Have to say it has exceeded my expectations. In my case, it serves both as a home theater speaker system to complement a 60" HDTV, and just as important, I use it as my music system being feed by CDs, MP3s, and the many sources available via AppleTV and AirPlay. Probably listen equally to video soundtracks and music.

The OSB-1 certainly satisfies my criteria for simplicity, ease of installation, and relatively low cost. My concern was whether its audio performance would be sufficient and satisfying compared to my full-blown 5.2 HT system. Well, I would classify this as a high-value product. While it costs more than many soundbars, its performance is terrific... good enough that my listening is satisfying and I don't feel like I am missing anything. The H-PAS bass system is amazing - the spec for flat bass response to nearly 40Hz is legit. I have experimented with a powered 8" sub to fill in the bottom octave. If there is content down that low, yeah, I can tell a difference. But to me, this is not about cost-no-object performance, it's about point of diminishing returns. And without the sub, the SB goes sufficiently deep to not leave me feeling like I am missing out.

Physically, the product is larger and heavier than most SBs, but it is still easily manageable. I have my HDTV on a articulating mount, and had to beef up its provision for a SB a bit to accommodate this heavier speaker system, but it was not a deal killer and I like the results very much.

I find that I use the 3-channel and 5-channel modes most often. I like the processing effects on most music. I am constantly amazed at how much spacial imagery can be projected from such a minimal space.

Bottom line, this product reminds me a few others that I have really personally enjoyed over my 40-years in the audio business - products that deliver great value and performance that far exceeds my expectations for the cost.

Jon Sisk, CEO
Audio Authority Corp

Edited by JonSisk (11/17/12 01:25 PM)